Need help with porting and polishing Cobra intake

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, there was lot of work in the information on that page that was done over about a three year period. Stangplus2birds (Corral) is actually the web master on that page - it's not mine. I think it has helped a TON of people out along the way.

Ok guys ,here is tools what I have for my porting and polishing :(

2"(50mm) Die Gringer 19000rpm
Dremel 37000rpm
4 1/2 Angle Grinder 10000rpm
1/2 (13mm) Hammer Drill 18v 1750rpm
1/2 (13mm) Hammer Drill electric 2000rpm
6" Bench Grinder
Tonight I gonna take some pics of that tools so you can see what I realy have
Here is some pics of Grinder bits or whatever you call those bits , I have some more different bits , pics coming tonight too
So please tell me what tools from here I need first for porting than for polishing my Cobra intake

Grinder%20bit%201.jpg

Seth - that conical double-cut burr (second from left) is what I use for the finish cut, but I have it on a 6" shaft to reach into the ports better. My furst cuts are with a larger volute aluminum bit - those bits above are for steel. I have the smaller bits you show but RARELY use them.

Use my basic porting guide and REALLY study the shots of the ports and USE THE MEASURING TOOLS I TELL YOU TO so you don't break through the intake.

Here is pics of tools , I don't have air gun/drill or whatever you can , I have only this

2"(50mm) Die Gringer 19000rpm
10.jpg

4 1/2 Angle Grinder 10000rpm
11.jpg

Dremel 37000rpm
12.jpg

1/2 (13mm) Hammer Drill 18v 1750rpm
13.jpg

6" Bench Grinder
14.jpg

Ok guys , did you see what I have , what else I need , I mean what kinda grinder or so, please post some pics of other stuff what I need because mu english is F*** u* and its better if you show me :shrug:

Ernie

Jeez Seth - you went all out on buying porting stuff. Here's a hint about using the carbide bits - all of which you bought were for steel - if you use them on aluminum, get some spray lubricant and spary the carbide tip about every 2 minutes to keep the aluminum from getting wedged in the cutting teeth. You can't use the grinding stones (pinkish color) on aluminum as the aluminum will get embedded in the stone.

Use the die grinder and dremel tool as the main tools for your work.

tmoss and yellow5.0cobra I didn't spend any money on tools , that tools are on my job :D :D , I just borrow those tools
So now I know I have to use die grinder and dremel , and today I going in store , I gonna buy some grinding bits for aluminum RIGHT ,because you said I cant use those from pics those are for steel Am I right

Seth5.0 said:
tmoss and yellow5.0cobra I didn't spend any money on tools , that tools are on my job :D :D , I just borrow those tools
So now I know I have to use die grinder and dremel , and today I going in store , I gonna buy some grinding bits for aluminum RIGHT ,because you said I cant use those from fics those are for steel Am I right

Well good. buy one aluminum bit for the rough cuts and use the carbide double cut bits with lube sprayed on them every couple of minutes to smooth things out on the runner walls.

its not stealing if you put it back...it may be used but they can't say you stole it....

good luck seth. hope it works out.

Tmoss do you Edelbrock (RPM) intakes or they just not worth it?

94GTLaserRC said:
Man, If I stole from my job, I would be high! :nice:
RC

That's a misquote, he said the tools are designed to work with steel, not aluminum. He never said he was stealing the tools.

Any way, Seth, you need to ditch the stones and the grinders and drills.

The die grinder is what you need, and as Tmoss said, get an aluminum burr. It should be about 6" long including the shank and it should only have about 6-8 large cutting flutes. That will work well for roughing it out. The polishing part will need those sand paper rolls and either a longer mandrel, or some sort of extension to reach further in to the port.

Go slow and try to make your cuts very, very even. If you accidentaly leave a gouge, cleaning it up will make you remove more material than you want to.

94GTLaserRC said:
Man, If I stole from my job, I would be high! :nice:
RC

RC man I DIDN'T said i stole from my job , I said I borrow those tools like you can see here and I said "I cant use those from pics ,those are for steel , guys my english is bad , I'mean writing ,BUT I speak very good(I never habe any english class in school)
And I wotk on college in maintenance , so I working on call, so I have a lot free time on job and that free time gonna be porting and polishing my Cobra intake with work tools

Seth5.0 said:
So now I know I have to use die grinder and dremel , and today I going in store , I gonna buy some grinding bits for aluminum RIGHT ,because you said I cant use those from pics those are for steel Am I right