Roush Need help with pulley...many Q's

sy1172

May 11, 2005
How safe are these things? I by no means want to sacrifice the engine and blow it up. I drive like most any other Saleen owner and that means getting on it from time to time and have fun with the car.

Do I need a new serpentine belt?

What sizes are available?

What size equals what h.p. gain?

Easy to install right?

Best place to buy?

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

See answers in red...

*** NOTE: Highly recommend a bigger fuel pump if you change to a smaller pulley (SVT Focus, Aviator, or Cobra Dual pump).

Here are a few websites to check out...
Team JDM

Chicane Sport Tuning

Reichard Racing

Metco Motorsports

sy1172 said:
How safe are these things? I by no means want to sacrifice the engine and blow it up. I drive like most any other Saleen owner and that means getting on it from time to time and have fun with the car.
If you have a bigger pump and a good tune, it should be plenty safe.

From my experience with Chicane's pulley...

Do I need a new serpentine belt?
No. But, if you get a small enough pulley you might have to. You might also want to get a smaller belt if you have slippage. With my Chicane pulley, I did not have to get a smaller belt and it is not slipping.

What sizes are available?
Reichard Racing stocks a 3" size. Chicane's is slightly smaller. Reichard Racing will custom make you one in 1/10" increments down to a 2.70", I believe.

What size equals what h.p. gain?
I couldn't tell you, I dyno'ed and tuned after a number of other mods that were installed roughly the same time.

Easy to install right?
Extremely easy...just four bolts.

Best place to buy?
Chicane Sport Tuning, Reichard Racing, and JDM that I know of. Check Metco and see if they are making one yet.

Thanks,