Need help with suspension

stang120gt

Jun 28, 2004
Michigan
Ok here's my prob my stang sits way to high in the front. :(
This is what i did to it over the winter.
h&r street per. springs front&rear , tokico hp shocks & struts, steeda tubular front swat bay, steeda bumpsteer, kenny brown caster plus kit, aje tubular k-member & tubular a-arms with spring cups, also aje upper spring perches,for the rear same springs same shocks as above and a steeda rear swaybar hotchkis upper and lower control arms. All of this is brand new not used.

Can some one please help me im not sure what is going on and why the car is sitting so goofy :nonono:

If you guys have any question about anything please ask so i can find the prob

• Sponsors (?)

Well here's a pic it's kinda dark but it gives you a clue. hope this helps

50gt1988 said:
:worthlesb Well how much weight have you taken out of the front of the car? How much higher is it then the back also:
:worthlesb

Attachments

• 100_3308.jpg
    100_3308.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 90
A few random thoughts:

Are the front springs installed correctly? The bottom coil should sit INSIDE the lower control arm slot. It is very tough to line the spring up perfectly, and typically it takes a few times of dropping the control arm to reset the spring so it sits perfectly. The spring will not slide into the "slot" where the bottom coil should rest inside, you need to make sure it is aligned in there.

I take it you haven't done an alignment on the car yet. That will also have an effect on the ride height.

The springs need to settle, as well do the shocks.

Are the spacers for the c/c plates installed correctly? Depending on the brand and the shocks/springs used, there are different combonations of spacers used on the top shock bolt. Incorrect spacing can also cause a ride height issue.

Ok well the springs are installed right as far as i can see. I have not had the alignment done yet cause i dont have the calipers on yet nor the brake booster/master.
The springs are h&r 1.60" front & 1.30" rear and the shocks are tokico hp's as for the spacers it gave me the opition of putting 3 three spacers on top of the sleeve that was supplied with my kenny brown plus kit depending on how much hood clearence i needed. so i put the sleeve and 2 spacers on maybe it might be the spacers or maybe the sleeve is to big :shrug: the sleeve is like 1"1/4 tall and both spacers 2gether are like 1/4"
so maybe that is my prob im going to take them back off and see if that is the prob.

Thanks

Fett said:
A few random thoughts:

Are the front springs installed correctly? The bottom coil should sit INSIDE the lower control arm slot. It is very tough to line the spring up perfectly, and typically it takes a few times of dropping the control arm to reset the spring so it sits perfectly. The spring will not slide into the "slot" where the bottom coil should rest inside, you need to make sure it is aligned in there.

I take it you haven't done an alignment on the car yet. That will also have an effect on the ride height.

The springs need to settle, as well do the shocks.

Are the spacers for the c/c plates installed correctly? Depending on the brand and the shocks/springs used, there are different combonations of spacers used on the top shock bolt. Incorrect spacing can also cause a ride height issue.

I had a similar problem with mine. MM CC plates, Tokico Illuminas and Coilovers. I had to put all of the spacers on the top for the strut shaft to sit high enough to fully decompress. This allowed me to lower the car where I wanted it with the coilvers.

I also noticed that you have 5-lug conversion on there. What spindles do you have? If you have sn95 spindles you may need different struts. I seem to remember something about the struts being different for the sn spindles than the Fox spindles.