need help with turn signals and flashers

reefshow

Sep 5, 2007
eastern pa
hey everyone.
i have been trying to figure out this problem for awhile now and cant get it..this is what happens.

if u turn the signals on either way i get nothing .....

when i turn on the flashers on they both go. then if you turn the signal lever either way it will put the left turn signal on:shrug: and it will turn out the right.if anyone is close to me i will pay someone to fix this for me! im in pa

• Sponsors (?)

i will try that tommorrow i just bought this car and it had this problem he said he put a new ignition switch in but i will get another one and see if that works ...anyone know how to get the wires out the plug?

im currently am having the same prob! your not alone buddy!

tried a flaher did not work!

i guess ill try the ign switch but how could that cause this prob????

could it be the whole wiper switch?

any help would be great

p.s. sorry i kind of took your post:(

i would start by lookin at the blinker harness. this happened to both of the cars i have owned. i wanna say that there is an orange wire and a blue wire that control the blinkers....not positive just trying to remember...but the orange is the power source and the blue sends it to the blinker relay....if they are reversed at the harness it would cause only one side to work....i think....ill take a look and try to get back

I'm having a similar problem, and I noticed I can get it to work if I jiggle the wires on the connector. I think the wires have backed out of the connector a bit. I'll have more time to work on it tomorrow, and I'll let you know how it turned out.

i have bought a new turnsignal switch but this is weird i have a 89 and the turnsignal switch is total different than the one i have. it looks like the 90 switch whats up with that? this is the one that has the wipers washers and turnsignals.I ordered a new plug with the wires attached to it so we will see if it works.

Isn't there a flasher box under the dash near the radio? I had this problem. No horn, no blinkers. I took a little flasher box out of another Mustang I had changed it, and it solved the problem. Any old Ford should use the same type of flasher. It looks like a small circuit breaker.

Isn't there a flasher box under the dash near the radio? I had this problem. No horn, no blinkers. I took a little flasher box out of another Mustang I had changed it, and it solved the problem. Any old Ford should use the same type of flasher. It looks like a small circuit breaker.

lol you wouldn't happen to have a pic or could take pic you could share would you?? lol

so i got a test light and checked the fueses, 5,9, and 13 is not getting power i even took the fues out and checked the contacts them selves nothing????
what could cause this????

fues:

(5)turn,back up lamps

(9)a/c heater blower

(13)iso sysbles (cluster)

got a new plug from autozone yup its the wrong one i have some idiots working at there lol.. i hooked up a wire from the fuse box to the orange with yellow strip .now they come on with the switch but they do not flash i have to manuel move the switch to make them blink this problem really does suck!

got a new plug from autozone yup its the wrong one i have some idiots working at there lol.. i hooked up a wire from the fuse box to the orange with yellow strip .now they come on with the switch but they do not flash i have to manuel move the switch to make them blink this problem really does suck!

If you went straight from the fuse box to the O/Y wire then you bypassed the flasher and the lights will not flash. Go to the back of your Hazard switch and (with the Hazard lights off) jumper the LB wire to the O/Y and see what happens with your turn signals.