need help

kazkettman

May 27, 2021
olympia
since nobody has replied to my thread and i DO need some help im posting it in all the forums

i traded for this car..94 sn95, its got a throttle body, cold air intake and they had put the exaust together with 211 beer cans and coat hangers, it has long headers on it still and ive run straight pipes into mufflers on each one. my problem is that the car shakes like hell at idle and almost dies and shakes even worse when put it gear..oh its throwing 02 sensor codes which ive put one in but the other header doesnt have the hole in it..how do i fix the roughness ?

• Sponsors (?)

You have to read, and read some more. Something is wrong of coarse, and it could be anything. Shaking like hell could be a bad spark plug wire thing. Probably not fuel related. Go at night in the dark, and look for a big spark jumping. Check your distributor real good. You didn't say if you were working on something that may have knocked something off. Most of us have had issues like yourself, and have spent hours trying to figure it out. Go get at it, and tell us what you find.

so the codes are
p0340
p0135
p0141
p0155
im starting to look them up now
You have to read, and read some more. Something is wrong of coarse, and it could be anything. Shaking like hell could be a bad spark plug wire thing. Probably not fuel related. Go at night in the dark, and look for a big spark jumping. Check your distributor real good. You didn't say if you were working on something that may have knocked something off. Most of us have had issues like yourself, and have spent hours trying to figure it out. Go get at it, and tell us what you find.
thats what i thought...was hoping for a magic answer but am faced with reality yet again....hey thx for the replies...you rock

The hole has nothing to do with the rough running...Correct 7991 ??
The bank for that O2 is not going to get the right amount of fuel in closed loop. I expect it to read lean and dump extra fuel in, running rough and smelly.
Absolutely agree on searching the codes here. I hope the V-6 diagnostics are similar to the V-8 and the surging idle checklist will be very helpful.
The beer can exhaust repair is not giving me a good picture of the car’s condition.
@kazkettman got pictures of the car?
Les

Last edited: