Need new Rotors, going to upgrade what should I get?

SCalla1384

Oct 14, 2008
Hey guys. My front rotors are all chewed up. So Im up in the air as to what I should get. Autozone has Baer Decela Slotted and Drilled Rotors for $108

AutoZone.com | | Brake Rotor - Front | DECELAROTOR BRAKE ROTOR

Then some nice brake pads around $65. So that would be $173 for front slotted and drilled and new pads.

Or I could get this
Buy Ford Racing Parts!

Thats $299, plus Id need Stainless Stell Brake Line - $60, plusK-Brake Kit - $12. So thats $372 but that includes 13 in rotors, calipers, pads, and mounting brackets.

What would you guys rather do?

• Sponsors (?)

I would do the Cobra swap over just upgrading the rotors/lines. Big difference and looks so much better. Don't get the lines from BFR though, the Goodridge ones I got had some problems attaching to the hard lines. Get Maximum Motorsport or StopFlex or Russell. Worth the extra $15 IMO...I got the Mach 1 kit from BFR when they had it for sale about a year ago. The stock Motorcraft pads will drive you crazy with the dust, so keep in mind that you may want to eventually upgrade those as well..

I second the swap if you have the cash :nice:

I did the 40th Anneversery swap the ones with the pony instead of Cobra on them on mine and would never go back huge improvments and looks. The kit was around $600 from AM and included everything needed for the swap.

One note you need min 17' inch rims to do the swap.

But if you just want rotors I would look at Brembo and PNR pads.

good luck!

do the brake upgrade. Or just get stock replacement rotors. The baer ones you linked are fine, but you pay too much for senseless machining. The grooves and holes appear to be done right, but I'm not sure they add anything but looks. And I'm pretty sure that price is for one rotor only. Expect to pay $216 + $65 for pads = $281 + labor. Makes the complete upgrade more competitive, pricewise.

Be careful buying the drilled rotors. Cracks tend to start at the holes and get worse. Outside of the bling factor, not really worth it in my opinion. I'd go with either the Brembo or a good slotted rotor. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Buddy