Need Next Suspension Mod Help?!?!?

What's going to get me out of the hole best.

• Lakewood 90/10's Front Struts, 50/50's Rear Shocks.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Moroso Front Drag Springs.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Moroso Rear Drag Springs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front Coil overs with C/C plates. (a little out of budget)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
My setup is being built for the straights. My current steup: HPM Megabite Jr LCA's, HPM Megabite D-adjustable UCA's on thier way w/poly axel bushings. MM Full length Subframes, Front swaybar delete, KYB Struts/shocks, Cobra R's 17x9 255's front, Nitto DR 275's rear.

If you have better suggestions let me know.

Thanks,
-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I would go with a tubular K-member and coilovers in the front. There are many quality vendors out there. Your rear set-up sounds pretty decent to me. Have you considered the battleboxes from www.wildrides.com at all to keep from tearing up your rear torque boxes? Other than that I would say ditch the Cobra R's at least at the track for some Weld Draglites with skinnies in the front.

SJ

I know the 40 series sidewall isn't helping. I am definatly getting some new wheels when these tires wear out, or someone buys the wheels/tires off me. Definatly some 15's with a 28" tall tire in the back. That will be a good time for battle box upgrades. I eventually want a coil over and K member setup. I just need something soon, and I have some things I have to pay for latley so I am on a budget.

I completely understand the "being on a budget" since I am divorced and have a house payment. If you are not going to daily drive the car I would go with the 90/10 Lakewood struts in the front, 50/50 Lakewoods in the rear, and remove the front sway bar. However I would check out all of the bushings to make sure they are up to the task. It really all depends on what your expectations are for the car. Drag only or Daily driver?

SJ

I think Lakewood Sturts/Shocks would help alot and I'll get coil over's later. It will help get weight transfered better. I think I will have to get different wheels for coil overs because I can hardly get a finger between the strut and wheel, a spring probally wouldn't fit w/o spacers, and I don't want to get into spacers. I think doing struts and shocks, then Wheels, then coil overs, then K members and CC plates as well as rear springs somewhere in between.

Thanks for the advise everyone. :cheers:

tires will help the most .i think you would be greatly disapointed will everything on your list i am no suspention expert. thier is nothing wrong with a factory set up 4 cly springs up front 70/30 struts and gt springs in the back plently of people go fast on that set up. using a bit of ballast helps to.

check out http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/info/Launching_A_Drag_Car.htm
read his teck page he is a suspention guru. i have read lots of threads books and talked to alot of people on suspention. his page is exelent. its a black art that people dont talk much about.

from what i have found out about suspentions lots of products on the market can hurt you more than help you.

82boy said:
i am no suspention expert. :notnice:

I agree. Most people usually use 4 cyl springs in the rear, not the front for weight transfer. 70/30 struts are the limit for a street car, but an all out drag car 90/10s are the way to go.

PS 90mustangGT I am sure that someone on here or on Ebay would buy your Cobra R's with or without tires