Need Serp Belt Info For 89 5.0 Without Ac Or Smog

omarimoe

May 4, 2014
I have tried to look it up all over and have gotten lots of conflicting info. i am running the AC delete kit/power steering relocation kit from late model restoration and stock pullies. if someone has either an autozone, advace auto parts, or pepboys part number that would be even better then just a belt length.

• Sponsors (?)

From the technical index

doit.jpg

Nice pic. Maybe should make that a sticky?

Couldn't you call LMRS and tell them what you ordered from them and ask their tech b=guy what belt to use? I am surprised they did not suggest one.

They only have a listing for a belt with smog pump. I ended up getting one at my parts store but it was a nightmare. Apparently the good old days of your parts store counter guy actually knowing something other than what the computer screen says are over. I had to get a manager to let me use their belt measuring tool because the counter jockey didnt know how and told me they didnt have my belt in stock right after he said he didnt know how he could look it up if it wasnt a factory setup. Regardless I got what I needed. When I get home ill post the part number and brand so if anyone els is in the market they can cross reference the number.

Reactions: 1 user