Need Shocks

lvmustanggt

Apr 9, 2006
Las Vegas
I do lot's of drag racing and I need rear shocks real bad soon. This 11/08/06 I have to race cause this is the last night for this 2006.

My car makes good rwhp but I don't have much Suspension to put the power down. So far I have MM Sub Fram and eibach pro kit.

I don't have lot's of money right now so I want to get some rear shocks that is less then 150 each. I am thinking to get MM LAC at the same time too . Cannot get front strut cause lack of money :(

Which one is good for drag racing ?

For now I am thinking few but let me know if you guys know any better shocks for less

1. KYB AGX Sport Adjustable Shock
2. Bilstein Shock
3. QA1 HAL-MU7855P

• Sponsors (?)

If you are really short on cash just get some rear shocks from AutoZone for $18 each... They are so easy to install you can easily replace them later when you have more money.

Las Vegas Speedway closes on 11/8? I miss that place. Just moved back here to Colorado after 15 years in Vegas. Here, Bandimere closed already.

Oh... and I have Bilsteins but I'm no track veteran.

Here in vegas we have Wednessday night street wars that will close on 11/08/06 for this 2006 but there is Friday night
midnight Mayhem on 11/17/06 and final on 12/01/06. I no longer go to midnight mayhem cause too many car and ricers. Every time I go I hardly get a change to race 2-3 times cause of hundreds of cars. I love to go wednesday cause only few car so i do get about 6-9 race a night.

Go here to get the strip schedules
http://www.lvms.com/schedules/

lvmustanggt said:
Today I order my stuff.
KYB AGX Sport Adjustable Shock rear $ 179.98 set
Lakewood Rear Control Arms $ 135.99

Order from jegs so it should be here soon yayyyyy

Just a heads up...

I ordered and received Lakewood rear lower control arms from Summit last spring. After some work jacking up the rear, removing the wheels and sway bar, loosing the exhaust (to make room for a wrench) and removing one of the stock lower control arms, I found out that the metal bushing sleeve was too small for the stock lca bolts. :bang:

I ended up sending the Lakewood lower control arms back. Summit was cool about the refund, but they should not have advertised that those arms would fit a 2002 Mustang GT. I hope you have better luck than I did.

GettinThere said:
Just a heads up...

I ordered and received Lakewood rear lower control arms from Summit last spring. After some work jacking up the rear, removing the wheels and sway bar, loosing the exhaust (to make room for a wrench) and removing one of the stock lower control arms, I found out that the metal bushing sleeve was too small for the stock lca bolts. :bang:

I ended up sending the Lakewood lower control arms back. Summit was cool about the refund, but they should not have advertised that those arms would fit a 2002 Mustang GT. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Yeah that's a major problem, Ford changed the size from 12mm to 14mm in '99

Never buy a set of lower control arms advertised for 79-04 if you own a 99+ car!

As far as rear shocks...I run Tokico 5-ways with the right side a little stiffer than the left. They work okay, but if I had the money I'd get Koni DA shocks.

lvmustanggt said:
Today I order my stuff.
KYB AGX Sport Adjustable Shock rear $ 179.98 set
Lakewood Rear Control Arms $ 135.99

Order from jegs so it should be here soon yayyyyy

Jegs email me saying Lakewood rear control arms is back order so I cancle the LAC but they ship the KYB shocks.
I then order BBK LAC from Summit Racing for $ 195.95
Little more then Lakewood but I think BBK must be better.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294839061+4294848363+400456+115&autoview=sku

lvmustanggt said:
Jegs email me saying Lakewood rear control arms is back order so I cancle the LAC but they ship the KYB shocks.
I then order BBK LAC from Summit Racing for $ 195.95
Little more then Lakewood but I think BBK must be better.

I run Lakewood Traction action bars...I love the design, but you have to enlarge the holes on the plates to use stock hardware.

Good luck with the BBK units.

Really ANY aftermarket control arm is a step up from our stamped steel crap!:nice:

Something else to consider if you're a drag racer, I doubt the Pro-kit is helping your launch and 60', might want to look into a drag-launch kit (I actually think Eibach makes one). Good call on the shocks though, Bilsteins would have been terrible for the track.

jstreet0204 said:
I'm gonna be different here and say that if you don't want to spend the money on adjustables, look into some air shocks. Just make sure you install them so that you can adjust the pressure independently.

you're too late mang, he already ordered KYBs. Got a link to these air shocks though? I'd like to take a look :)

No link I can think of, just do a search. I've used them on older cars, and they are really meant for cars and trucks that carry a load, so that you can level it back up. But the same principles allow you to stiffen of soften the ride in the rear. I know Monroe, and Gabriel both make some, and they are a cheap alternative if you want some adjustability at less than $100 a pair. These are not meant for a road coarse though.

jstreet0204 said:
No link I can think of, just do a search. I've used them on older cars, and they are really meant for cars and trucks that carry a load, so that you can level it back up. But the same principles allow you to stiffen of soften the ride in the rear. I know Monroe, and Gabriel both make some, and they are a cheap alternative if you want some adjustability at less than $100 a pair. These are not meant for a road coarse though.

cool, thats interesting stuff... I'll have to do a more in depth search when I get home from work