Need Some Advice (noob in 5.0 world)

• Sponsors (?)

Basic tune up.. change oil+filter, new fuel filter, change tranny fluid if you want, dizzy cap and rotor, plugs, wires, check timing-you want it around 13 degree's to start.

I'm sure others will chip in their .02 cents.

What he said and....

Clean out the throttle body. Set the Throttle position sensor to .998V (key on engine off) Clean the intake manifold by running intake cleaner with engine running. Install a new PCV valve and screen. Change tranny fluid and diff fluid. Run about two bottles of fuel injection cleaner in the tank at the same time. Use engine bright, pressure wash, or steam clean under the hood (not really nessasary, but I hate diry engines) Flush the radiator. Prestone makes a super flush that you are suposed to run in your system for a few days, it really breaks up the dirt. Then remove T stat and run the engine (yes it will make a messs, do it in the street) and run water the radiator to flush out every drop of coolant. Put in a new T stat (180*perfered) and refill with coolant/distilled water mixture. I like mostly water in the summer. Flush out brake fluid, the old gets contanimated. Check for vaccume leaks and all, I can't really think, it's late, but that's pretty much it....

also check brake linings, u joints, ball joints, tie rods, and stuff like that (get under it and check stuff). also toss a new serpentine belt on if the old one looks pooey. toss the old one in the trunk as a roadside spare.

might want to run codes and see if anything pops up.

congrats on the new ride and good luck.