Need some experienced opinions here...bennyblown?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
I'm looking at building a new motor here shortly and am in the process of looking at short-blocks. Now I realize that by bringing attention to this particular block for sale someone might jump on it before me but oh well...

Anyway my question is about this short-block im looking at possibly buying. First of all what are your thoughts? Does it look legit? How much hp do you think it could handle?

I'm looking at putting some ported heads on it with blower cams and running about 15# of boost, really wanting 600hp+

Would this work for my application? What about the flat top pistons? Are they ideal?

96 4.6 ford forged high performance short block - StangNet Mustang Classifieds

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at that the other day too. Looks like a great deal but I would never buy anything like that unless I lived within driving distance of him so I could go check it out, turn it over with a torque wrench to see how it drags. It seems much safer to buy from a reputable shop. Also wont the compression be pretty high? We need like 18cc dish pistons for blower setups.

I was looking at that the other day too. Looks like a great deal but I would never buy anything like that unless I lived within driving distance of him so I could go check it out, turn it over with a torque wrench to see how it drags. It seems much safer to buy from a reputable shop. Also wont the compression be pretty high? We need like 18cc dish pistons for blower setups.

yea i was thinking the same thing, from what i heard flat top pistons don't work well with blower setups...