need some header advice

undefeat89

Sep 10, 2009
michigan
hey i have a 1999 mustang gt with an automatic trans. i want to get long tubes with an h pipe but my problem is that im having a hard time finding long tubes that fit with and automatic trans. brands like pypes say they wont fit. does anybody know of any that would work?? and how much horsepower do you think ill gain with the two?

• Sponsors (?)

Not much if you are near stock. What else have you done to the car? It is my understanding that your money is better spent elsewhere on our cars. The stock logs are not as horrible as iron manifolds used to be. That set up is going to run north of $600, possibly much farther north. For that money I'd be looking at cams. Cams will get you 30+ hp, headers may get you 15 depending on what else is done.

I just had mac LTs installed on mine and had no issue. Do complete exhuast, headers, X pipe (love my catted VRS) and catback. Also go with 4.10 gears on your automatic, trust me. I just went from 3.73s to 4.10s and wish I went with 4.10s from the start. I drive on the highway a lot and have no issues with my 4.10s (2,800 Rpm at 75mph). I filled up yesterday and got 240 miles out of my tank. Thats half highway and half around town. Also I would suggest some stage II cams down the road like HiTech. I'm very happy with my setup on my automatic and would do it again if I had to.