Need some help from experience

Hey i just bought a 2004 GT 5-speed as a second car for my family here in hawaii, I leave here in 10 months to head back to Kentucky and want to take it with me if i can make sure its worth it, I've have had mustangs with mods before but always had my father to help me, so im lacking some knowledge i know the basics. The guy i bought the car from was a second owner and hadnt done anything to the car but i know for sure it has a x-pipe, exhaust, intake, and that seems to be it from what i can see. If i take pictures and post them of the engine and underbody i was wondering if someone could help me figure out whats on the car and give me some suggestions on what to do and in what order? Also one more quick thing the service engine soon light was on took it to ford and they said it was a catalytic converter code and to put them back on bc it could hurt the car is that true? As far as the car goes it sounds great and i would like to stay away from turbos and superchargers and reach about 350-400hp, thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Post pics and we can help...

The code is nothing to worry about...when you take the cats off our cars it will throw the cel...its doing absolutely nothing to your engines performance...easiest way to turn it off is to buy mil eliminators or buy a handhold tuner and turn the rear o2 sensors off with it...don't listen to the stealership...

the service engine soon light was on took it to ford and they said it was a catalytic converter code and to put them back on bc it could hurt the car is that true?

Oh and I'm sure they can put an OEM midpipe back on your car for about $900.00...if not more! They throw out HUGE prices and act as if we should expect their parts to be astronomically high since, after all, they are genuine Ford parts...OMG, I just wanna puke.