Need some help with installing new quadrant and cable

Lawdawg86

Sep 30, 2020
Arkansas
So I’m new to the Mustang world, I’ll start out by saying it’s a 2000 model 3.8 5 speed. I’ve owned, built and currently race GM products, but couldn’t pass up the deal on this one. I fought this bear all night trying to get the upper quadrant, pawl, and springs off to replace with newer plastic ones and I couldn’t for the life of me get them on there like they were. I ended up taking off the clutch arm, and brake pedal assembly to get it out and try it that way. No such luck there either, fast forward to today, and I’ve got an all new adjustable UPR metal Quadrant, new cable, and adjustable firewall plate. Anyone have a pic of their Mustang Clutch pedal, and brake pedal together. My clutch pedal seems to stick forwards a good ways ahead of the brake and I could swear they’re all supposed to be the same distance as far as height. Any help in this situation would be great. I’ve tried looking in he manual and the black and white images do nothing for me, and the manual of course don’t have the “New Edge” mostly added in there.

• Sponsors (?)

Try reading up some more. The first thing I did on my car was that same thing, and it was awful. I dont remember any tips besides taking the seats out. It was hard, and very frustrating. All of a sudden you will figure it out .

Reactions: 1 user
well guys and gals, got her running yesterday. It was running rather rough until I took it out and blew some of the cobwebs out of her by driving her down our old dragstrip a couple of times to get all the old parts warmed up and brought back to life. It's amazing how well these run, and handle when you get them running. I'd have bought one of these years ago if I knew they were this fun. One thing I've got to figure out is I can smell gas inside the car after sitting. Also after I put the new pump in I tried pouring fuel down the neck, and it blew back out at me like someone throwing up on me, and then some came out of vent tube on rear fender. I used a rubber mallet and tapped on the filler neck under the car. I think the anti-siphon bulb was hung up and not allowing fuel to go in to the tank. Now I'm needinf to adjust the clutch cable, and do some fine tuning. Would you guys do a full tune up on it now or wait and see if it stays running, like I said it still runs a little rough but once going down the road or stomp on it at mid range it does great. One thing I dont like about it is having to push clutch pedal way down to start it. I had a knee replacement two years ago, and that's a bit rough on the knees