Need Some Help!

York Racing

Dec 29, 2013
Hi guys, I have a bit of an issue with my 95 5.0 that I need some help with. Here goes!

It will slowly develop a rough idle if it is allowed to sit and idle for a few minutes and it seems to load up. There will be a slight smell of fuel but it will fire right back up.

It will also rev to around 3K when the clutch is pushed in during gear changes going down the road. It seems like whenever the load is taken off the engine it will rev.

The AIC is nearly brand new as is the MAF. The plenum, throttle body and AIC gaskets are new. It has new vacuum lines and the one way valve in the vacuum line with the sensor is new.

Any ideas? I need help! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Also, when the engine is cold-ish or allowed to lug for awhile it will crackle and pop when I nail the throttle until it clears up for example it will rev to 2K then pop and you can feel the car studder until it clears up then it takes off like a rocket.

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 134,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.