Need some help

Hey guys I have a stock 95 gt looking to cut the coils on it to drop it a bit for my son until we some proper coils... was thinking of cutting one coil all the way around.. question is how much will it drop and do i cut from top or bottom... also want to put a wheel spacers on the rear to have a better stance.. was thinking 1.5 inches... thanks for any and all suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

Can't speak on cut springs from experience. Some do it with no issues and some stay clear. You will probably be fine but I would recommend holding out to get some good springs. Ford performance springs are an excellent value. As for spacers, I run a 1.25 inch spacer out back, with my B springs and no isos, one side rubs and cuts up the tire sidewall on steep driveways. I need to get my fenders rolled but haven't got around to it, just something to keep in mind. My spacers bring me perfectly flush with rear fender

Reactions: 1 user
If you cut them wrong or too short, you're kind of sunk. If you cut them successfully and reinstall them with worn isolators or without isolators then the ride will be harsh, it won't perform great, and the body will pick up a lot of road noise.

The correct drop spring will keep you off of all the bump stops. A cut stock spring is no longer designed to do that.