• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Need some Tire help

  • Thread starter Thread starter cyberbubba
  • Start date Start date Jul 22, 2008
C

cyberbubba

New Member
Apr 15, 2003
14
0
0
Jul 22, 2008
#1
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #1
Hey guys, I looked around but couldn't find any recent threads matching my current dilemma.

I've got an '06 GT with the factory 18" premium wheels. I'm way, way, way overdue for new tires and I'm having some problems finding what I want. The factory tire was a 235/55/18 BF Goodrich. Currently the car is running factory suspension, but that will change within a few months.

I've had great success with Pirelli PZero Nero M+S's on my 02 GT that I'd love to get them again. Unfortunately, I can't find them ANYWHERE in 235/55/18. So, I need some advice. I live in Florida, so cold weather/ice is never a problem. I need the stickiest possible tires I can get, but they also need to have some dexterity in wet weather.

Option A: Can anyone suggest a different tire size that might be available in the Pirellis? I'm not opposed to having different tires in the front and back, I've just never done that before so I don't know what sizes to get.

Option B: Does anyone know of a tire comparable to the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S that I could get in 235/55/18 instead?

I really appreciate any help. I've been trying to figure out a solution for the past month and I've come up with nothing.

Thanks.
 

Art161

Member
Sep 26, 2006
130
0
16
San Francisco
Jul 22, 2008
#2
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #2
I thought the optional tires were 235/50/18, not 235/55/18. I could be wrong, since I'm just going by a Ford sales brochure and the Tire Rack Web site. I don't have any personal experience with the 18 inch tires.

Why not go to the Tire Rack Web site and have a look? They have 40 different tires in size 235/50/18.
 
C

cyberbubba

New Member
Apr 15, 2003
14
0
0
Jul 22, 2008
#3
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #3
The tires on my car are definitely 235/55's. I've looked over Tire Rack's site, but I was looking for 55's. If going to a 235/50 isn't a big deal, then I suppose I can take another look.

I just don't have much experience with tires, so the different ratings are a little confusing to me.

It's funny, I can wire an entire car without a diagram but I'm clueless about tires.
 

ct07gt

Member
Feb 14, 2008
377
0
16
Jul 22, 2008
#4
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #4
If you are looking for a tire with a lot of grip, you can do a lot better than the Pirellis since they are an all season tire. The M+S stands for mud and snow, I would hope you wouldn't need either. Find a wet weather tire instead, BF Goodrich KDW's seem popular. I have Nitto Invo's which I have been happy with. I got mine off discount tire direct, they have a calculator that shows the differences between the tire sizes that might help you too. They are also showing the 235/50/18 as the stock tire size, which gives you a lot more options.
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Jul 22, 2008
#5
  • Jul 22, 2008
  • #5
Tire Rack is showing the P Zero Nero M+S in a 245/45-18 which is 26.7" tall and a 255/45-18 which is 27" tall. Those will work fine on the OEM 18" wheel and will cause very little or no speedometer error. The OEM 17" tire is 235/55 and the OEM 18" tire is 235/50 and both are roughly 27-27.1" tall.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
173
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Tire size question 1986 gt hatchback
  • B0udreaux
  • Jan 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
721
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 17, 2026
B0udreaux
B
J
Wheels-Tires Need Some Help - Brakes Upgrade/Wheel fitment
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 3 4 5
Replies
81
Views
3K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 6, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
340
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?