Need some wiring help, 86 4 cylinder coolant temp and AC wires

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 86 model 4 cylinder?? I started this project in 2007 and have just now got around to finishing it up. I swapped over to a 302 with carb and need to wire a few things up before I get it on the road.

There are 4 wires on the passenger side rail near the strut tower, best I recall these were for the AC Compressor and for the Coolant temp gauge. If you can post up which color is for what accessory i'd be grateful.

• Sponsors (?)

This is old info but the link still seems to work...

See http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosting/jeremy/86 electrical & vacuum troubleshooting manual.zip you can download the whole set of electrical troubleshooting and diagrams for an 86 Mustang courtesy of Jeremy, AKA V8only.

It is a big 61 MB download that you get to unzip and save on your computer. It may take some time to download it, but the results are worth your time.

The table of contents has the page numbers for the drawings. The page number is the same number as the GiF that is a picture of the page. Example: 48.gif is the same thing as page 48.