Need suspension help- coilovers

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
What does it take to do a coilover conversion? Caster camber plates, shocks, spring? Do the struts come with the coilover springs or do you have to buy the springs seperate? What brands are good and what about cost? I am not a suspension person by any means but i want to do a tubular K-member and need to find out if i should/can afford to do the coilover swap at the same time. I wasn't going to but now if the car is apart and I can afford to do it I may as well do the coilovers at the same time.

• Sponsors (?)

Maximum Motorsports has good kits with everything you'll need. Yes, you need CC plates as the facotry strut mounts won't support all of the weight on their own. If you're just doing the front, it shouldn't be too bad for cost if you'll already have the front end ripped apart for the k-member.

Check out MaximumMotorsports as mentioned. The kit is not that expensive and i have been comtemplating it as well since i already have the Tokico adj. shock/struts, so all i need are the springs, new mounting hardware, and c/c pates. The kit is like $399, so not much at all.

get one of the kits from Maximum. they have awesome customer service, some of the best ive ever seen in an aftermarket company. i was at Buttonwillow on saturday for an SVTOA event. i signed up for the novice class and had an American Iron Extreme driver, Bill Daffron as my instructor. if you dont know who that is, he has multiple track records including Buttonwillow. he uses all MM parts on his fox body. anyway, he drove my car for a few laps and said that something didnt feel right. we went over to Maximum's garage, and once i told them i had a bunch of their parts and needed some help they immediately had 2 guys pulling my car into their garage. they put it on scales and showed me that my diagional weights were off. i had to go to a drivers meeting, when i got back, my car was up on jackstands and they were adjusting everything for me. they spent a good 2 hours with my car counterweighting it and getting everything dialed in. they fixed a bunch of random noises ive had and gave me advice on ways to completely eliminate all coilover noise. best of all it was no charge!!!

note: im not paid by them in any way. i am just a customer.