Need to know what size wrench fits a 30mm (measured) nut?

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
Is there a website that translates what size wrench fits a nut/bolt?

I'm working on pulling the upper intake manifold off a 2000 Xterra and I need to undo the air tube that runs to the exhaust manifold. A slide caliper shows it's about 30mm, but a 15/16" wrench actually measures 1".

I have to pull the upper to change the driver's side valve cover gasket.

• Sponsors (?)

I had to remove the throttle body to get to it with a crescent wrench.

I'm starting to think 4 hours at $80/hr is a bargin. I've got the 5 bolts out of the upper intake, I'll have to replace the socket head screws, but there are 2 heater hose connections and a vacuum line on the back that I have no idea how to get to, the hoses are only about 4"-5" long, you can't pull the intake far enough forward to get to the heater hose squeeze clamps.

Sorry, just venting. I wished I was working on my '65 Mustang with the whole 8 tools that I can disassemble the whole vehicle with....

there is a cable operated hose clamp tool you can buy for about $30. name brand like MAC, SNAP-ON, etc are over $100.

here is the pic:
3051.gif

and here is one link for the tool. http://www.autotoolmart.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=10142&p_catid=212

In most cases US wrenches will fit well enough on odd-numbered metric sockets to work in a pinch. 5/16" will fit on an 8mm fastener sometimes. For 30 mm I would break down and buy the proper size wrench as it might be tight enough to strip the hex on the fastener with a slightly off-size tool.