Need To Understand About Mustang

Hassan1997

Mar 11, 2017
Va
Hi guys, I wanted to ask what is the difference between mustang 2009gt that have 300hp and 2014 v6 that have the same power what should I get and if they both have the same hp and tourqe so there is no difference.thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you want the musclecar sound, buy the V8. If you want better gas mileage, buy the V6. Both are fantastic engines, I've owned both.

If you want the musclecar sound, buy the V8. If you want better gas mileage, buy the V6. Both are fantastic engines, I've owned both.

As 74stang mentioned there is the sound.The 3.7l V6 does scream at high rpm, but there is nothing like that V8 rumble. More importantly though the 09 4.6 V8 and the 143.7 V6 have almost the same peak horsepower (310 for the V6 vs 300 for the V8) the 4.6 reaches peak hp at a lower RPM and typically makes more power throughout the power band. The 4.6 V8 also produces 50lbs/ft more torque that the V6 and again reaches peak output at a lower RPM. So if your asking which is faster stock for stock, all things being equal 09 GT is faster.
Also the '14 V6 is much more fuel efficient if you car about that.

Hi guys, I wanted to ask what is the difference between mustang 2009gt that have 300hp and 2014 v6 that have the same power what should I get and if they both have the same hp and tourqe so there is no difference.thanks
Well.. the older GT has higher torque (320 compared to 280) which means it takes off a little faster and doesn't have the stupid 114mph limiter thus probably not a crappy 2-piece drivershaft that falls apart at 130mph or higher like the V6 does. If mileage isn't an issue, I'd go with the 09 GT myself.

As 74stang mentioned there is the sound.The 3.7l V6 does scream at high rpm, but there is nothing like that V8 rumble. More importantly though the 09 4.6 V8 and the 143.7 V6 have almost the same peak horsepower (310 for the V6 vs 300 for the V8) the 4.6 reaches peak hp at a lower RPM and typically makes more power throughout the power band. The 4.6 V8 also produces 50lbs/ft more torque that the V6 and again reaches peak output at a lower RPM. So if your asking which is faster stock for stock, all things being equal 09 GT is faster.
Also the '14 V6 is much more fuel efficient if you car about that.
3.7 to 4.6 3v is a driver's race at the drag strip.

When I had my 2010 GT 4.6/5spd, my first two races were a 2010 Camaro SS with an automatic and a 2011 Mustang 3.7/6spd.

I walked that Slowmaro like it was sitting still.

That 3.7 car only lost by 0.1 seconds, and I got my best launch ever and hit every shift perfectly. In a 3.7 vs 4.6 3v race it all comes down to driver and gears. Those 3.7 cars are nothing to sneeze at. The 4.0 cars were the first good V6 Mustangs. The 3.7 cars were the first fast v6 Mustangs.

Reactions: 1 user
I also had a 2010 GT 5spd and had no problem putting a car length or better with 2011 and up V6s.But my car had the Track Pack with came with 3.73s I don't know what gears you had but maybe that was the difference. But I agree that the cars are close enough power wise that it is a drivers race which is why I said "...stock for stock, all things being equal the GT is faster." The driver would fall under "all things."
ABC
All S197 (05-14) except the '13-'14 GT500 have a 2 piece driveshaft from the factory regardless of which engine it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user