Need to vent :( poor stang and wallet

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
I was taking the stang off the road for winter today, and decided to get her washed to get all the salt off her. Just installed a upr off road x and flows a month age. As I was going through the wash it friggin ripped my exhaust off!!! When it meets the headers and were it meets the mufflers :(! I hope it diddnt break the studs off the hearders??? Well worst comes to worst I will have to install some long tubes and a shorty mid pipe next summer. Sorry just needed to vent.

• Sponsors (?)

im guessing you went through an automatic wash that you drive up onto a track?

i dont understand how that can happen. if you had LTs already that may push the exhaust down closer to the ground but still :shrug:

either way, im sorry to hear :(

i know they say "use at own risk" but i dont think that REALLY holds up in court. maybe you can seek some sort of compensation. it just seems weird that your exhaust got pulled off. that shouldnt happen...

I hope this makes you feel better.
I was changing spark plugs, and dropped the throttle-body bolt in the cylinder. Needless to say, my piston grenades the rod is bent, head crack in 3 places. Piston jammed totally underneath the cylinder.
Need new heads, total rebuild kit, one sleeve and went ahead and got all new pistons. Most expensive mistake I have ever made:nonono:. Hope this helps.

I had just installed my shiny new American Racing Torq Thrust IIs on my 02 Black GT, and decided that the whole car needed a bath so I drove over to the local drive thru car wash...and on the way out of the wash I 'curbed' a wheel on those damn poles (you know the ones - they are designed to destroy anything that they touch). I was so pissed.

earlier this year i was on my way to work....about to get on the freeway on ramp and it just so happens a semi had flipped earlier and lost its load of grapes....didnt think much of it and accelerated onto the on ramp next thing i know im facing the wrong way and slide 20 ft onto the curb damaging my 2 left rims and making me airborn for half a second causing my car to land right on the curb denting my bassani xpipe.....not cool so then they had to get a tow truck to take me home since my rims were bent and wouldnt hold air......

I let my g/f use my Mustang for 2 weeks once. It began to overheat, so she kept driving and blew my head gasket, warping the head. ('94 GT)

Then on my other ('02 GT) Mustang, she wanted me to stop at Starbucks. I go into the drive thru and it's a real squeeze. I got too close to the curb and I scrubbed my black bullitts I hadn't even put 500 miles on. ALL the way around.

Hope you feel better. Remember FISH....

FISH - ***** it, ***** Happens! :nice:

Sorry to hear that bro I hope it gets taken care of!

The worst thing that ever happened was when I was backing out of a driveway at night and there were no lights at all and I went on one of those curbs on the side of the sidewalk that keep you from going into the ditch. Well needless to say my crappy back lights and my tint I couldnt see to save my life and the car backs onto the curb and my left wheel is in the air and I couldnt get off.. So the neighbors come out and try to help and they all try to push it off by the bumper and one guy pushed on my damn spoiler ripping it off and making me have to get a whole new spoiler and trunk lid.. I was so pissed bc I asked for their help and they broke it.... :mad:

I had just installed my shiny new American Racing Torq Thrust IIs on my 02 Black GT, and decided that the whole car needed a bath so I drove over to the local drive thru car wash...and on the way out of the wash I 'curbed' a wheel on those damn poles (you know the ones - they are designed to destroy anything that they touch). I was so pissed.

Then, of course, there was this day when the idiot pulled out in front of me. He was 35 years old, had no driver's license, driving his girlfriend's SUV, and then tried to tell the cops it was my fault. (The cops tend to not believe you when you don't even have a driver's license...jackass :rolleyes: :mad: )

02GTwreck01.JPG

Bicycle scratch

For my son's 3-year old birthday, my wife and I got him a new bike with training wheels. He gets on it for the first time, drives it around my '02 GT, and as he's coming back toward me he all of a sudden steers to the right . The bike's handlebar brake is metal and, due to poor manufacture, has a sharp little piece sticking out of it. My boy drove along the side of my car for about three feet with that little piece stripping the paint off my car as he went, all the way down to the metal. I just left it like that for two years, then got the whole car repainted. Thanks Maaco of Greenville, SC for being plenty good enough and so relatively inexpensive.

rants

we got our cobra new in jersey ,,moved to texas...looked for 6 months for a house,,,we move in and the first thunder storm that happens a limb from the tree above car fell...

denting the roof on the door line,,cracks plastic molding than breaks side mirror off smashing it into the drivers door causing dent and scraches from broken glass....

I put $5000 of suspension and engine mods into my ex-wife's Stang. When we split she kept all of it. Then, the new bf riced up the car. I guess it's all good, he added a 150 shot of nitrous on top of all the work I previously did without re tuning it. Needless to say, the tranny and motor soon blew. After the motor finally went, she had the nerve to call and ask if I could rebuild the motor and tranny for her. I bet you can guess what my answer was...

I put $5000 of suspension and engine mods into my ex-wife's Stang. When we split she kept all of it. Then, the new bf riced up the car. I guess it's all good, he added a 150 shot of nitrous on top of all the work I previously did without re tuning it. Needless to say, the tranny and motor soon blew. After the motor finally went, she had the nerve to call and ask if I could rebuild the motor and tranny for her. I bet you can guess what my answer was...

You probably laughed right in her ear. Females.. cant live without them.. cant live with them.

Must find the right one. :nice:

I know how you feel OP, sometimes life can be frustrating.

Heres one for ya - I bought my bullitt with 58K, put 20k on the car and decided to give it a tune up. I discovered the plugs had NEVER been changed on the car and the plug design was the original recalled motorcraft (short threads). Long story short, 7/8 plugs came out and the 8th (why is it always the last one?) broke off in the head. 8 hours later and some blood/tears, it came out. I almost cried I was so pissed:mad:

spark001.jpg

spark002.jpg

spark004.jpg

The left-handed drill bit saved my life

That sucks man...
I remember the horror I felt when I opened my Box from Tork Tech to find the Blower was cracked above the pulley due to FedEx playing kick ball with my box...To make matters worse the package had been at my house for 3 months and my parents never opened it (didn't want to lose anything). Never mind the fact I was home on leave from spending 11 months in Africa! I am excited as ever, about to head to have it installed and I find that crap. It was heart breaking..
Good thing is even after so much time (3 months) Charles & Bill from Tork Tech had a replacement sent to my installer free of charge. And the motor lived happily ever after.