Need used Weld draglite rims for the track

DNA DOA

Apr 3, 2005
Scappoose
:nice: Looking for a used set of rear Weld draglites for my 1986 mustang GT. The 86 has been converted to 5-lug. Bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5. I have a new set of xp's that I will run street tires on. Want the rears only to mount MT drag slicks on and leave them on. 15 x 9" with 5.5" back spacing would be perfect but would look at 8" too. Would like to go wide as possible. How wide of a rinm and tire combo can I go with MT slicks? How tall should I go? Rear gears are 373, mosier 31 spline, and it's a 5-speed.

Also need suggestions, sizes, and brands on what to run (street only) on the Welds that I have now. Front is 15 x 6". Should I run a 165 Radial? Rear is 15 x 9" 5.5" back spacing. Someone told me to throw on a 275 radial. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks. Anyone have a contact or is in tight with someone that can give great prices on new tires?

Ben :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

SMOKEDYA said:
i think he's looking for both. i was told by killerb that you can get 10.5's out back on fox's ben! peace

john :p

It depends on section width on the tire. I've seen 28 x 10.5 ET drags fit with a little hammering. Im running the Hoosier Quick Time Pro 28 x 11.50. It has a tread width of about 10" but had to do a mini tub to fit them. Now I have lots of room for more. :D

Jeff