need You guys's HELP!!!

JiXeRz GT

Oct 8, 2008
MeRRiLLviLLe
I'm new here and need You guys's HELP!!! Ok what I wanna do is make a mustang that makes somewhere around 550+ hp/tq numbers. I wanna use nothing but the best of parts and components for my car no cheap stuff. I really don't wanna have a poser type car so tell me if I'm wrong anywhere down the line. Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Car: 2005-06 MuStaNg GT MT (any color) Preferably BLaCk

Concept: Buy an 05-06 StAnG for no more 17-18 thousand with no more than 35k miles on it.

Paint Job: All Black with Gun-Metal racing stripes.

RiMs: O.Z. SuPeRLeGGeRa III Black 20x9 or Shelby Torq Thrust black/ chrome lip 20's.

Other Exterior: CeRViNi C-500 Bodykit. Cobra emblems and badging on both fenders, front upper grille, and on the trunk. HID headlights.

Tires: NiTTo 555 or PiReLLi P-ZeRo.

InTeRioR: Cobra emblem on steering wheel, Wood Grain wheel, Aftermarket seats most likely Corbeau or cobraseatsusa. Hurst short throw shifter with knob. Guages in the middle of the dash. Billet pedals w/rubber inserts. Cobra mats from americanmuscle.com. Everything else will stay stock. (Cobra emblems and badges only if I go with the C-500 bodykit. Otherwise everything will be the stallion.)

Engine/Drivetrain: Forged pistons, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) heads, Forged connecting rod/lifters, Forged crankshast and camshaft. Topped of by a Procharger Supercharger 8+ psi. Custom valve covers.

Transmission: Custom Tremec T-56 or maybe TKO.

Exhaust: Kooks Longtube headers and CoRsA full 2.5 inch CaTback exhaust.

Suspension: Stage 3 Roush or Roush Trak Pak suspension.

Rearend: ???

Brakes: Baer 2 piece 14 inch cross drilled and slotted w/ 4-6 piston calipers. Red paint on calipers.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm new here and need You guys's HELP!!! Ok what I wanna do is make a mustang that makes somewhere around 550+ hp/tq numbers. I wanna use nothing but the best of parts and components for my car no cheap stuff. I really don't wanna have a poser type car so tell me if I'm wrong anywhere down the line. Any and all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Concept: Buy an 05-06 StAnG for no more 17-18 thousand with no more than 35k miles on it.

RiMs: O.Z. SuPeRLeGGeRa III Black 20x9 or Shelby Torq Thrust black/ chrome lip 20's.

Other Exterior: CeRViNi C-500 Bodykit. Cobra emblems and badging on both fenders, front upper grille, and on the trunk. HID headlights.

InTeRioR: Cobra emblem on steering wheel, Wood Grain wheel, Aftermarket seats most likely Corbeau or cobraseatsusa. Hurst short throw shifter with knob. Guages in the middle of the dash. Billet pedals w/rubber inserts. Cobra mats from americanmuscle.com. Everything else will stay stock. (Cobra emblems and badges only if I go with the C-500 bodykit. Otherwise everything will be the stallion.)

Engine/Drivetrain: Forged pistons, Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) heads, Forged connecting rod/lifters, Forged crankshast and camshaft. Topped of by a Procharger Supercharger 8+ psi. Custom valve covers.

Brakes: Baer 2 piece 14 inch cross drilled and slotted w/ 4-6 piston calipers. Red paint on calipers.

Or instead of dumping a lot of cash into a GT, just go ahead and get a gt500 and call it a day? :shrug:

Sounds like a little dream your having...heh heh heh

Don't worry, I have them as well sometimes.

Thats was very helpful...

wake up.....:lol:

The thing is I am awake! I do have the money for this project! You guys arent helping me very much here.....

Or instead of dumping a lot of cash into a GT, just go ahead and get a gt500 and call it a day? :shrug:

Whats the MSRP of a GT-500?

I have been a long time lurker and never post here, but I guess I'm just super bored tonight. You really should elaborate on what you want to do with the car. Drag car, Open Track car, bad @ss street car??? That would help. I will comment on things that I take personal interest in:

First, good choice going with black :)

Wheels and tires: keep in mind that 20's look cool, but are heavy and slow your car down. Pirellis, in my experience, won't hold the power you are looking for. Nittos 555s or BFG KDWs seem to hold well for street tires.

Seats: Be careful with aftermarket seats. The stock seats have airbag weight sensors in them and I've read that it keeping full functionality of your airbags will take a skilled professional. Ask yourself if the looks and the weight savings are worth it.

Gauges: I would look into the Speed of Sound dash pod. Most people go with boost, fuel press, Wideband or water temp

Exhaust: You must have money to burn if you are going to go with Corsa. I don't even know if corsa makes a cat back exhaust system for our car. I thought they just made the mufflers.

Shifter: I have an auto, but i drove my friends 2005 with the MGW shifter and it was buttery smooth.

Rear end: 9 inch currie

Motor: Personally, I am saving for a Saleen. I am partial to twin screw blowers in general. Whipple, Kenne Bell, Saleen. Building the motor up with stouter parts is a great idea. But be sure to have a complete plan for an engine in your head before selecting parts (or just pay a professional engine builder)

You may also want to consider a better clutch. Can't comment personally though, just noticed it was left off the list. Lastly, some people might have a harder time taking posts like yours seriously. No offense, but when you post things like "MuStaNg" or "PiReLLi", it makes you seem like some teenager texting your friends. Your car is going to be one hell of a ride, but if you want serious answers, you can't type like this is your My Space page. I normally could care less how people type, but you are about to embark on a serious project and you would benefit from all the serious advice you can get. Good luck.

Forgot,

Fuel System: Also left off your list but you are going to have to take a serious look at this. Whoever you pay to build your motor will be able to gauge your needs. But look into GT500 fuel system, Dual GT pumps or even the Fore Precision Triple hat. probably 39 or 60 lb injectors.

I'd personally avoid the hUrST shifter and I agree with what sook had to say about the wheels and seats.

But that's just me. Ultimately, if I was in your shoes I'd just pool all the money that I'd spend on the base car and mods and buy a GT500 or a Corvette instead...wait...I was in your shoes and decided I'd just buy a new GT, throw a CAI/tune on it, replace the shifter, and call it "good" so don't listen to anything I have to say (other than the part about the shifter). :D

I guess I'm officially old but the thought of a 500+hp Mustang has completely lost its charm for me. If I needed a 500+ horsepower car with the intent of driving it daily and not just drag racing it, I'd be looking at something with a chassis that's more capable of applying it to the pavement.

With the money you would spend on the modifications, you would probably be better off just buying a GT500. It already has the engine components, transmission, 4 piston 14" brakes, and body that you are looking for. It is also likely to be much more reliable than a heavily modified GT. You said you do not want to look like a poser, there is not really anything that says poser more than cobra emblems on a car that did not come with them from the factory.

With the money you would spend on the modifications, you would probably be better off just buying a GT500. It already has the engine components, transmission, 4 piston 14" brakes, and body that you are looking for. It is also likely to be much more reliable than a heavily modified GT. You said you do not want to look like a poser, there is not really anything that says poser more than cobra emblems on a car that did not come with them from the factory.

If you don't mind me asking...how much money did you put into yours?

I spent 5300 for the blower plus 700 for the install.
1300 for the suspension, about 250 for the shifter, 270 for the lower control arms, a couple hundred for rotors and pads, around 500 for the exhaust, 1200 for the wheels and my tires were 220 each.
For the non performance stuff I got the GT500 steering wheel for 260, pedals for like 100, CDC grill for 280.
For your power goal of 550 you will need to buy a bigger blower such as the Roush TVS, Saleen, Kenne Bell, or a centrifugal, turbocharging would also be an option. You would also need to upgrade the fuel system and the clutch. You would also be pushing the limits of the stock bottom end.

I spent 5300 for the blower plus 700 for the install.
1300 for the suspension, about 250 for the shifter, 270 for the lower control arms, a couple hundred for rotors and pads, around 500 for the exhaust, 1200 for the wheels and my tires were 220 each.
For the non performance stuff I got the GT500 steering wheel for 260, pedals for like 100, CDC grill for 280.
For your power goal of 550 you will need to buy a bigger blower such as the Roush TVS, Saleen, Kenne Bell, or a centrifugal, turbocharging would also be an option. You would also need to upgrade the fuel system and the clutch. You would also be pushing the limits of the stock bottom end.

And what are your hp/tq figures? Drag e.t.'s If you have any sir?

Sorry, I haven't taken it down the quarter or gotten it dynoed yet, but to get an idea, try to look up the stats for a Roush 427R to get an idea on e.t's. The blower is advertised to bring flywheel h.p. to 445 and torque to 420. The setup I have is warrantied by Roush, and it includes the entire powertrain, not just Roush components. The blower is capable of roughly 480 hp with a tune, 2.57" pulley and a CAI, but this voids the warranty. That is also roughly the limit of the stock fuel system.

I'm partway down the road you're wanting to travel and for every mod I finish and cross off my list, two get added that I hadn't anticipated. Make a detailed list of all the mods you think you want to do. Go through every system in the car in your head first and try to determine what mods you're going to want and then how those mods are going to be implemented. For instance, you say you want a black car with gun-metal stripes. Are the stripes going to be vinyl or paint? Are you going to be satisfied with the stock stereo head unit and speakers etc.? Once you have a list as complete as you can get it add in costs for parts, shipping, and installation. In what order should the mods be done? Prioritize your list and break it down into manageable segments (cost/timing) and attack each segment in turn. You'll find that at every step there will be added costs and compromises that you hadn't anticipated.

If I was starting over, I'd start with base performance mods - wheels/tires, brakes, suspension, driveline (clutch/tranny/shifter/driveshaft/rearend), driver comfort (seats/pedals/steering wheel) and safety (rollbar/cage/harness/loops/shutoffs). Then engine internals, heads/cams/valves, fuel supply, cooling, exhaust, induction, power adder, instrumentation, tuner, custom dyno tuning, other controls (launch master/line locks). Next would be cosmetics and creature comforts - body kit and paint, grilles, lights, interior trim, stereo system, navigation, and upholstery. Don't forget that if you're planning to work on the car yourself, you'll need more/better hand tools, power tools, wiring supplies and testers, detailing products, time, space, and patience. Finally do lots of research - when you think you've done all the research you need to do, do twice as much more.

Plan for this process to take alot longer and cost alot more than you think/hope up front. I wouldn't recommend doing any of this with debt financing. You'll find that it won't be very long before you have way more time and money into your car than anyone else would ever pay you for it. Also realize that at the end of the process, you'll have a car that is much more expensive (in time and money) to operate and maintain. Everyone dreams of having that great looking super hot car that they see on TV or at a car show, but don't realize the time and effort that goes into upkeep. I've seen alot of expensive mods on cars that are driving around caked in mud with dents and dings etc. You know that the guy started out with a bit of cash, a half-baked plan, and no concept of the real effort it takes in the long run. He got partway done and ran out of cash, time, energy and ultimately the car runs and looks like crap. Modding these cars is a bit like making a baby - 15 minutes of fun followed by many years of hard work. Go into this project with your eyes wide open.

+1 on all the comments re: Cobra badging. If you're following my route, your car is not a Cobra and will never be one. For a part of its life it will be less than a Cobra and for the rest it will be much more than a Cobra. Rebadging/renaming cars makes me throw up a little in my mouth.