Never Buy KBD Bodykit, Cruizin Concepts

\78 FYI
So...... I bought a KBD urethane bodykit through cruizin concepts. Let me just say that with any aftermarket part you expect to be doing prepwork. I was thinking 3-4 hours a part.

When this piece of junk showed up it looked like it came out of a terrible mold or had been pulled out to early. Whole kit was wavy, pin holes, uneven edges. etc etc. We're talking probably a good 50-60 hours of work to prep and paint to have a nice job done to a dicriminating eye. And that is if when held up the lines were close enough that the job could even be done.

Cruizin Concepts says they are not responsible, which is an issue as well. They're stand is, it's an after,market part it would need prep. That statement is like saying our stangs will beat a Z06 with a "little" work. Just a warning to anyone considering this kit. DO NOT BUY IT unless you feel like spending 2-3 grand for prep and install. I also needed to start this thread because I feel I've been somewhat scammed by cruizin concepts and I don't like how they are handling it. I also purchased a saleen wing from them. The pic clearly show a wing with no brakelight and no cut out for one. 99-04 Type S S281 Wing ***UPDATE ON LINK FEB 22 SEE POST #4***

Guess what, there is a cut out for one and a brake light doesn't come with it. They don't feel that having a picture of the a different product on the page than the one they are selling is an issue. :shrug:

I ordered a polyfiber kit from AIT yesterday and quality should be much much better. Plus the polyfiber will be easier to work with and cheaper to fix in the even of an accident. Their kit looks like it should take 2-3 hours per piece to just do a block sand, then paint. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I was interested in buying rims from Cruizin Concepts so did some research into the company itself and came across a LOT of bad reviews concerning their customer service. From what I've come across, you're lucky to have even received a response from them at all. Sucks.

I was interested in buying rims from Cruizin Concepts so did some research into the company itself and came across a LOT of bad reviews concerning their customer service. From what I've come across, you're lucky to have even received a response from them at all. Sucks.

They are actually very easy to get in touch with and are mostly kind on the phone as well. They're customer service policies just stink though. :shrug:

I contacted them on a price match for a set of tires they had... never even got an email back or anything after they said they'd look into it. When I tried emailing them again, I got nothing.

Sucks you had that bad of an experience. Let us know how it goes. I will defenitely not be ordering from them.

So yesterday I'm talking with a manager about the wing. I explain it's supposed to be polyurethane and have no cutout for the led light. He says where do you see that on the website, I can't find it. I go to look with him on the phone and sure enough the saved page I had had been changed. Both the description and picture...to what you guys see on that link now. He says see, it's fiberglass and supposed to have a cut out. I told him that's pretty funny. Because I'm looking at a screenshot I have from their website taken on friday and it clearly says polyurethane and shows no cut out.

He explained he was unaware and someone must have changed it. :notnice: He asked me to scan it to him. I did. Then he told me I'm looking at the picture wrong and it does have it. I blew the picture up 300% and sent it. There was no cut out. He said they are not to blame for NOT sending the right product in the pic and not sending the right material. His suggestion was that I pay shipping back, eat the shipping and they will waive the 25% re stocking fee. lol :shrug:

It is a classic bait and switch. I am filing with paypal today

just filed with the BBB

I actually talked with the manufacturer of the saleen body kit today. He agreed something is probably wrong with the kit. Guess they don't really care that even the manufacturer thinks there is a bad part.

:shrug:

WOW! What a crappy way to take care of a customer. I guess I'll add them to the list of people to never buy parts from.

Cruizen concepts
buyfordracing
steeda
GMS

Usually I take these with a grain of salt but this one sounds pretty legit to me. If it wasn't you would think they would get on here and back theselves up! They are even sponsers on here which doesn't look too good. Unlike the ninosport rant a week ago when they got on here and backed up their side with legit info.

Darkside why no to steeda? I have had nothing but great stuff from them. A bit overpriced but you get what you pay for with them I think.

I just got done with alot of scans for the BBB and paypal for the dispute. Figure I would post up. This first one is what you would have seen in the link that I posted above before they changed it yesterday. Notice it says polyurethane in the description. It does however say fiberglass too, which was not my main gripe. But more importantly I wanted a wing without the led cut out.

View attachment 195825

Here is a picture of the wing they sent me, notice the led cut out.

claim4.jpg

Below is a blown up pic of the wing in the pic when I bought. And on a sad note the one the manager "DAVE" told me was actually the same wing I got, just painted white. Notice how there is clearly no cuts for the led light. I can't even believe that guy told me that it was the same wing. I told him to get his eyes checked... :shrug:

View attachment 195823

Saleenpic.png

I have no intention of being a prick, but in the picture of the white spoiler it's really difficult to tell whether or not its the same as the one they shipped you. It still has the raised up area for the LED to be mounted and its difficult to tell if the embossing is there since its white.

I have no intention of being a prick, but in the picture of the white spoiler it's really difficult to tell whether or not its the same as the one they shipped you. It still has the raised up area for the LED to be mounted and its difficult to tell if the embossing is there since its white.

I hear ya......I'm looking at a very good 27in monitor and it looks clear as day to me. But if you have a smaller monitor, and maybe even a good one I know it could be hard. It's a scan of a copy. Suffice to say for those that can view it as well as I can on a big monitor it's pretty easy to see. There are clearly no indents and whatnot where an led is supposed to mount. Besides, as I asked DAVE, if it was the correct picture why take it down so fast? no answer....

I do appreciate all your guys support by posting up though. I forwarded links to "DAVE" the manager at cruizin concepts. I'm curious to see if they show up here.