Never Thought I Would Do This....have Always Been A 5 Speed Guy, But Since I Have A Few Miles On Th

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
have always been a 5 speed guy, but since i have a few miles on the car now with the turbo...ive come to hate it, boost sucks in 1st gear, looses boost every shift, and the clutch has been slipping bad!

so.. got this

builtc4.jpg

PA built C4
PA SFI bell (cant use it tho)
PTC 3800 10" converter
reverse man valve body
tansbrake
PA deep pan
hardened input shaft
6 gear planetary
Pro shift servo
hurst quaterstick shifter
billet dip stick
chrome moly cross memeber for sn95 with C4

cant wait to get it in!! :D trying to get the car well in to the 10.50 range...if not better!

• Sponsors (?)

i will prob do this down the line also if i keep the car that long. there comes a point when the power is too difficult to get to the ground with the manual. first and second are usless for me and by the time im in 3rd im beat

i will prob do this down the line also if i keep the car that long. there comes a point when the power is too difficult to get to the ground with the manual. first and second are usless for me and by the time im in 3rd im beat

yea it honestly just got to fast for the 5 speed, and really dont want to start going thru clutches and breaking trannys..

BTW i got everything for $1650.00!! the converter alone is $1000 bucks from PTC:nice:

You will enjoy the auto with the trans brake. A buddy of mine use to have a big block nova with a glide w/ a trans brake. He had 325/50/15 mickey thompson drag radials out back and we would take it out for some spirited driving against others. Needless to say, it was a blast on the brake.