new 10 sp auto??

pile_53574

May 1, 2005
SW WI
Looking to get into a 19, trade in the OLD 16. Kinda thinking Kona blue or velocity blue, something to match my 69. Have they figured out all the bugs on the auto trans yet?? I been following the one on 18's and some issues. just wondering if they got it worked out yet?? Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

9,000 miles on mine. No issues so far. I will say that in regular drive mode it is different than I'm used to for shifting (most other autos have been 5 speeds). Not better or worse, just different. Sport mode feels more like a traditional automatic. I thought I was going to miss the 6 speed a lot more than I actually do.

Same here...transmission take a little getting used to. It's fun when on the happy pedal in sport mode. Seems like it stays in the power band until you lift.

When I first got my car I was easy on it and let my transmission learn itself. Now, I've been really on it a few times. My car is ecoboost so in order to really have fun I have to be in sport mode.

I'm still learning the paddle shifters. They're a little slow to react at regular driving loads but once you are in it in sport mode it gets quicker. I've been practicing on a few back roads. Hehe

Haven't tried the line lock or track modes yet....but will soon. Track just opened last weekend.

Looking to get into a 19, trade in the OLD 16. Kinda thinking Kona blue or velocity blue, something to match my 69. Have they figured out all the bugs on the auto trans yet?? I been following the one on 18's and some issues. just wondering if they got it worked out yet?? Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
None so far with my 18 , when it’s cold going from P to D , it jumps a lil bit , but once she’s warmed up , shifts fine , 15k mi. Like the 10 spd .

Test drove one yesterday, Kona blue base GT. Got it up to 100 very, very quickly, that was in normal mode with all nannies on. Not the same as a regular auto, but not bad, probly just takes some getting used to and like someone said needs to learn itself. Car only had 75 test mi on it.

I was driving home on I-95 a couple nights ago. Cruising at 85 when the urge hit to punch it. A very satisfying 115 within a couple seconds!!! Made cool noises, too!
I drive mine in Sport mode and when the urge hits at the stoplight and some Charger or Challenger wants to play , I put it in drag mode and watch the look on their face when I pull away from em