New 2006 gt Auto....What can i expect to run?

Kurt06Gt

Oct 15, 2006
Hey all....I own a 2006 black gt premium, i love the car.

I plan to spend 1,000 on pypes brand violator muffler setup as well as c &l intake with tune.....

What can i expect to run you think?

Also what exactly does the tune do??

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the tune calibrates the car for the added airflow, gets rid of the throttle lag, and improves the shift points of the automatic transmission.

times will depend on track conditions, driver, etc.

You are going to need one anyways so the first mod I would get is a good flash tuner. The tuner will give you the best bang for the buck to begin with. I saw a 30 hp gain just in a tune. You can also firm up the torque converter for a firmer shift which will make anyone giddy as a school girl. I love the feeling of my head getting slaped back against the headrest. You can also control the shift points and have a tune for the track and one for the street. My track tune moves the shift points up to around 5500.

With a stock car and nothing but a tune I ran a 13.60 in the quarter mile at Gainesville raceway.

I have since added quite a few mods and am heading back to the track for some test and tunes on Nov 11th. I will post my new results when I come back. I go on the dyno one last time before then to tweek my tune for a few added parts.

My parts are listed in my sig and I havent installed the Charge plates yet that is what I am going in the dyno for this week. But with out them I am at 296HP and 309 TQ at the wheels so far.

Thanks for responses...I plan on calling brenspeed tomorrow and ordering the intake with tune and probably violators...should run me about 1k....

Does a Automatic NEED a new torque converter?? I am not sure what that does...sorry

Anyway i can post some pics when i get the parts...

You dont need a new converter for every day driving. If you plan on drag racing then you can get a aftermarket one. I plan on getting one with a 2900 stall speed and new rear gears for a faster launch.

The torque converter acts like a clutch for a automatic. the best part is you can adjust how firm or fast it locks up in the automatic. This will give you a better time on the track or you can leave it close to stock for a tamer more smooth ride.

when your cars were stock even now , do you feel the engines on our cars are noisy , when driving , like ringing nosies and the injecters my cars an auto

Jimp said:
My car ran a [email protected] with a C&L and tune and FRPP Stingers. I was running 28" DRs which made my effective gear ratio 3.23 which probably hurt my times. I going to 3.73s and a 3K stall next. I'm also getting deletes.
thought you were going to resist modding and leaver it bone stock. :rlaugh:

Question for My06stang. How are those Nittos hooking up for you and do you have 9" or 10" rims in back? I am having a hard time hooking up with the Falken 451 275/40/18 I have on mine. Mods 06 Gt auto jlt bamatune 3.73s TCI 3000 stall Corsa axle back. Can't launch above 1800rpm without wheel spin. Thanks

marsbar said:
Question for My06stang. How are those Nittos hooking up for you and do you have 9" or 10" rims in back? I am having a hard time hooking up with the Falken 451 275/40/18 I have on mine. Mods 06 Gt auto jlt bamatune 3.73s TCI 3000 stall Corsa axle back. Can't launch above 1800rpm without wheel spin. Thanks

I like the Nittos.I have had the extreame 2 race tire and the 555R Drag radial. The tread looks the same and they both do well on the track. The DR'[s did hook just a little better with the softer sidewall. They are the only tire right now in a 305/35/18 that fit my 10"deep bullets.

I plan to get a cheep set of 15" and a good set of Micky Thompsons in the future for track use.

I went out on 11/18/06 up in Valdosta GA and ran a 12.86

I will confess I did give it a dry shot of Nitrous but it was using a small jet.

Dynoed it with the gym bag and got 346 HP and 376TQ. Gota love the Juice.

I was at the track yesterday and a fellow named John was running his loaded, stock '06 GT auto. The car was consistant 13.4's with 1.9x 60ft times.
On the other hand, I had trouble getting my 60ft's below 2.2secs. The car was hooking really well and subsequently bogging. I could have allowed a lot of clutch slip to get a strong launch, but that is something that I am not prepared to do on my daily driver. With that, my best was [email protected] with a 2.19 60ft.

Need more detail......

the tune calibrates the car for the added airflow, gets rid of the throttle lag, and improves the shift points of the automatic transmission.

times will depend on track conditions, driver, etc.
I'm learning a lot on this site, so what exactly is the "tune?" Am I able to make the shifts a bit crisper or change the shift points on a stock transmission? What things are necessary to do this?

Thanks

Kevin

I'm learning a lot on this site, so what exactly is the "tune?" Am I able to make the shifts a bit crisper or change the shift points on a stock transmission? What things are necessary to do this?

Thanks

Kevin

you will need a handheld tuner, like SCT XCAL2, Diablosport Predator, etc. you will have the ability to adjuat many things within the tune. for information on SCT's tuners, head over to www.SCTflash.com it will show you what can be adjusted. sorry, i dont know the website for diablosport, but a google search would find it.

after you have the tuner, you can get tunes a few different ways. one is by email from a specialty tuner like brenspeed, bamachips, etc. you can also get a tune from the place you purchase the tuner from, but some only have tunes loaded for CAIs. if you add more mods, you might need to go to a specialty tuner.

another way to get the tune is to go to a local dynoshop. all dyno shops are different, and dont always use more than one brand of tuning equipment. some use SCT, while some use the diablsport tuner. if you want a custom dyno tune, be sure you call the dynoshop and talk to them first. see how many mustangs they have tuned, what brand of tuner they use, see if you get a discount if you purchadse the tuner from them, etc.

4-5 cars? That's a lot of driver stupidity. I was racing 05 and 06 5 Speed GT's that had a tune, CAI and pullies, and another that just had a tune. The one with the tune I would have until just before the line because the tranny would shift up just before the finish no matter what I did with my tuner to stop it. The one with the pullies I would generally finish pretty close to his rear bumper. I don't know what driver error there is with an auto, it's pretty point and shoot.