New 2017 Gt Pp Owner, Need Wheel Fitment Help

ProBonr

Sep 15, 2017
Hi guys, just picked up a magnetic 2017 GT with some boltons pre-installed. I'm actually planning on trying it out on the snow this year.
I found a great deal on Kijiji on the rims in the pictures attached. I was just wondering if anybody with experience could tell me by looking at the specs on the box if I could fit these over the performance pack brembos?
I think some 245/45/19 hakkapalitta r2's on those rims would look slick as hell for a winter setup!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• ad_1505350942346.jpg
    ad_1505350942346.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_6981.jpg
    IMG_6981.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The specs will not tell you anything, the only way to be sure they will clear the brembo's is to try them. In general the rule is the wheel needs to be at least 4" larger in diameter than the brake rotors. The factory PP wheels are 19" and the brembos are 15" so those wheels meet the standard and they have the right bolt pattern.

The specs will not tell you anything, the only way to be sure they will clear the brembo's is to try them. In general the rule is the wheel needs to be at least 4" larger in diameter than the brake rotors. The factory PP wheels are 19" and the brembos are 15" so those wheels meet the standard and they have the right bolt pattern.

So basically what you're telling me is that I'd have to try them out to see if they will fit.? The seller seems quite reasonable, he'd probably let me try one on if I brought some tools to his place.

I had hopes that maybe somebody here was running those rims and could shed some light.

So basically what you're telling me is that I'd have to try them out to see if they will fit.? The seller seems quite reasonable, he'd probably let me try one on if I brought some tools to his place.

Yep, make sure you try it on the front, that's where the big brakes are. Make sure you get a good all season or winter tire, the pirelli p-zero's that come with the performance pack totally suck in the snow. I bought mine in Feb and we got a 1/2" of snow one day in early march and I could not get off my street. There is a 1% grade to get off my street and it could not make it. I had to go back home and borrow my daughters focus to get to work that day.

@ProBonr- congrats on the new GT. I'm also in the market for one with PP, can I ask what you paid for it out the door? My local dealer is offering one to me for just over $34k out the door. Not sure if that's a good or avg price considering the 2018s are about to go on sale soon.