• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

New 8k HIDs Installed

  • Thread starter Thread starter PSYKOSTEVO
  • Start date Start date Apr 24, 2008
P

PSYKOSTEVO

Banned
Apr 11, 2008
194
0
0
Apr 24, 2008
#1
  • Apr 24, 2008
  • #1
So I installed my Xentec 8k color HIDs. I used them for the fogs and headlights. The light output from these things is tremendous. It's like having the searchlight from a helicopter trailing in front of you while you drive.

I picked these up through the online magazine I write for called GMRoadster. Ask me if you guys need and details on install, etc.

 

NotQuik

Founding Member
Oct 21, 2000
5,158
29
88
Central Florida
Apr 24, 2008
#2
  • Apr 24, 2008
  • #2
looks real bright, any pics with the lights off? How was the installation, a couple hours maybe?
 
P

PSYKOSTEVO

Banned
Apr 11, 2008
194
0
0
Apr 24, 2008
#3
  • Apr 24, 2008
  • #3
NotQuik said:
looks real bright, any pics with the lights off? How was the installation, a couple hours maybe?
Click to expand...

Installation was about 30-45minutes for the whole thing. It's way easier than it looks. The only sucky part was that FORD uses one-time use clips to hold in the upper-radiator cover so those had to be cut and removed then a trip to Autozone to get replacements.

I have to atleast say that this was not my first rodeo with HID lights, so I work quickly. I will be installing a dozen sets tomorrow in Las Vegas so you can imagine how quickly this all is. For the first timer I would say this might take a little over an hour per set.

The ballasts for the foglights were incredibly easy to hide, as I just attached them to the underside of the front bumper. I just cleaned it off with windex and popped them on with the adhesive backing. Just barely enough room in there height wise to pack them in, but they are in there tight *knock on wood*

The mainheadlights were even easier to install, because I did not have to remove any shrouds or unbolt the top part of the bumper like on the Foglights. For those I mounted the ballasts in the front part of the shocktowers. The bulbs were a direct replacement, so there was not need to modify the housings in anyway.

I don't have any pics with the lights off, what did you want to see?
 
P

PSYKOSTEVO

Banned
Apr 11, 2008
194
0
0
Apr 24, 2008
#4
  • Apr 24, 2008
  • #4
I can't honestly say how much brighter they are since I have no way to measure that, but just one of these lights seems even brighter than having on all 4 of the stock lights, so it's got to be atleast 5 times brighter than before, but that's just my unprofessional opinion.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
332
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
S
Requesting Guidance for 306 motor swap - Fuel? - SD? MAF?
  • So_Flo
  • Jul 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 4, 2026
Mcmahst
C
LED vs HID headlights
  • Crigano
  • Jan 10, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
889
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 10, 2023
Crigano
C
C
LED vs HID 93 Mustang
  • Crigano
  • Jan 17, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
42
Views
9K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 23, 2023
Crigano
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?