New Best in the 331.... with street tires.

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
60ft - 1.9752
330ft - 5.3977
1/8ET - 8.2504
1/8mph - 86.21
1000ft - 10.7370
1000mph - 98.30
1/4ET - 12.8371
1/4mph - 107.71

I didn't fair quite as well with the ET Streets this trip, but ran pretty consistent 12.69-12.72.

We think the converter is going into lock up in second, which is something I'm working on in the tune. The car basically falls on it's face around 5k in second gear. So once I get this figured out, I know it'll drop a few tenths... those pesky f-bodys gain some major distance back when it happens. After the hesitation, I start pulling them again though. So much so, I've been accused of spraying the top end.

Oh, STILL crossing the finish line barely using 3rd gear. Once I make up my mind on if I go with a super charger or not. The rear gears may be changing. It all depends on how the car finally does on the bottle.

Even with the small disappointments, my whole night was outstanding. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have a 12 second street car... n/a. :D

BTW - 10 way adj. Strange struts go in hopefully this week. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow for some reason, I was thinking that once my car gets finished I would be running low 12's. Hopefully since you are running mid-low 12's all motor I can get down into the mid 11's.

Do you know how much hp/tq the car is making?

Not bad. A good H/C/I stock 302 can run those numbers though. I'd think a 331 should be a mid to low 12 second car N/A. :shrug:

What gears? I ran a 12.59 at 106 just using 1st and 2nd gear. I had to spin it to 7k to do it, but it held together. Plus remember with a 3,200 stall, it's like being limited in a 5 speed to only launching at 3,200. No 5k+ dumps. :rlaugh:

Also where do you live? Internet racing always plays a factor in what people run. Here, we have a chit ton of newer Mach 1s and LS1 cars running low 13s. Not something many "online" are used to seeing. Do you also live in the land where stock 94-95 GTs run mid 14s? Here they run 15s all day long. LOL I just started on my g/f's 95 GT. 69,000 miles. Ran 15.29 at it's best the same night I ran my car.

Wow for some reason, I was thinking that once my car gets finished I would be running low 12's. Hopefully since you are running mid-low 12's all motor I can get down into the mid 11's.

Do you know how much hp/tq the car is making?

Not yet. Nov. 15th is our club dyno day. I've missed it the last 3 times we've had it, due to breakage. HOPEFULLY I make it this year. I've put off the bottle for this and the hesitation reason.

mid 12's is about right for that mph and even better with the AODE so :nice:. All the online weight calcs. for that mph generally say 12.5-12.8 so your in the ball park. People get so tied up in the size of the motor and don't think to look at the combo. Not all 331's will run the same. A budget off the shelf 331 will run slower than say higher dollar, well thought out, max effort 331.

Either way as I see it...the goal is to enjoy and have fun within your means and meet your goals. Nice 60 on street tires to.

Around here stock 94-95's run about what you described...not too far from you though. My best time bone stock was a 14.9...well I did have 14* timing but that was it and I ran a 15.1 or .2 with 10*. Pulley's and gears got me into the low 14's.

mid 12's is about right for that mph and even better with the AODE so :nice:. All the online weight calcs. for that mph generally say 12.5-12.8 so your in the ball park. People get so tied up in the size of the motor and don't think to look at the combo. Not all 331's will run the same. A budget off the shelf 331 will run slower than say higher dollar, well thought out, max effort 331.

Either way as I see it...the goal is to enjoy and have fun within your means and meet your goals. Nice 60 on street tires to.

Around here stock 94-95's run about what you described...not too far from you though. My best time bone stock was a 14.9...well I did have 14* timing but that was it and I ran a 15.1 or .2 with 10*. Pulley's and gears got me into the low 14's.

It's just a Scat crank, rods, stroker on the bottom end. 9.89:1 compression was the original setup. Honestly not 100% sure what the compression is now. I had a buddy build it the last go round and budget minded was the big deal. :rlaugh: Didn't have the money for the first build, certainly didn't have it for TWO tries at it.

FWIW - my car ran 15.9 when I first got it. Heck, my bone stock 07 Focus ZX3 ran a 16.72 @ 83 mph. To think they were within a second of each other... is freakin' SAD. :nonono:

It's just a Scat crank, rods, stroker on the bottom end. 9.89:1 compression was the original setup. Honestly not 100% sure what the compression is now. I had a buddy build it the last go round and budget minded was the big deal. :rlaugh: Didn't have the money for the first build, certainly didn't have it for TWO tries at it.

FWIW - my car ran 15.9 when I first got it. Heck, my bone stock 07 Focus ZX3 ran a 16.72 @ 83 mph. To think they were within a second of each other... is freakin' SAD. :nonono:

Even more the reason to be proud and excited, doing what you did on a budget and I bet even at mid-high 12's it catches more than a few off guard.

Here is a quick list of MO track alt. and Gateway Int. Raceway (GIR). I am assuming gcomfx is running at Ozark.

Missouri
Asbury (Mo-Kan) - 916
Benton (MIRP) - 324
Bethany (Thunder Valley) - 266
Kansas City (KCIR) - 798
Osborn (US 36) - 296
Rogersville (Ozark) - 1493
Sikeston (Sikeston) - 316

Madison (Gateway) - 407

What gears? I ran a 12.59 at 106 just using 1st and 2nd gear. I had to spin it to 7k to do it, but it held together. Plus remember with a 3,200 stall, it's like being limited in a 5 speed to only launching at 3,200. No 5k+ dumps. :rlaugh:

Also where do you live? Internet racing always plays a factor in what people run. Here, we have a chit ton of newer Mach 1s and LS1 cars running low 13s. Not something many "online" are used to seeing. Do you also live in the land where stock 94-95 GTs run mid 14s? Here they run 15s all day long. LOL I just started on my g/f's 95 GT. 69,000 miles. Ran 15.29 at it's best the same night I ran my car.

i run mid 14's all day long in an otherwise stock 5.0.

what size are those et streets? what rpm are you crossing at and what are your shift points?

ET Streets are the 17". On my 9" wide rims they are right at 26.5" tall. I shift right at 5,800-6,000. In 15 days I'll have a dyno chart to know exactly where I need to shift.

I'm crossing around 4,000 rpms. :nonono: I say around, because it varies on the weird 2nd gear deal I'm having.

My times are from Mo-Kan. It's a 1.5+ hour drive, but a much nicer track in my opinion. If I run the car a little on the trip there, I get the gas tank down about where it needs to be as I pull in. :nice:

Around here, the car surprises a lot of people. We do have a LOT of LS1 Turbo cars though. Those things are insane.

Bad92GT - AODE??

ET Streets are the 17". On my 9" wide rims they are right at 26.5" tall. I shift right at 5,800-6,000. In 15 days I'll have a dyno chart to know exactly where I need to shift.

I'm crossing around 4,000 rpms. :nonono: I say around, because it varies on the weird 2nd gear deal I'm having.

My times are from Mo-Kan. It's a 1.5+ hour drive, but a much nicer track in my opinion. If I run the car a little on the trip there, I get the gas tank down about where it needs to be as I pull in. :nice:

Around here, the car surprises a lot of people. We do have a LOT of LS1 Turbo cars though. Those things are insane.

Bad92GT - AODE??

those are not the radials right? Do you get an wobble at the end with them?