New clutch stinks...slipping?

greatwaster

New Member
May 22, 2009
24
0
0
I have a fresh Fidanza clutch and a turned fly wheel that seems to be slipping. It has a burning smell when I drive it and it seems to have an intermittent slip. I am running 400 hp. Only 50 miles on the clutch. Is this normal break in?

Posted via Mobile Device
 
You need to break it in and bed it before you hammer on it. Hopefully you didnt glaze the flywheel. Centerforce likes 500 miles of gental use before you go WOT, IDK what Fidanza wants. :shrug:
Do you have an adjustable cable or FWA?
 
Pretty much any non stock clutch is 500 miles break in time for any aftermarket clutch that I have had installed or otherwise. You need time for the clutch to mate to the flywheel. The only other suggestion is to take it on small trips seeing alot of shifting and taking off from a stop. I would also suggest adding a MM Quadrant and FW Adjuster to use with your stock clutch cable.

You don't need to baby it everywhere just no clutch drops or hard launches.
 
I had a Centerforce dual friction on my mud truck and the 500 mile break in is pretty much mandatory. Check the adjustment on your clutch quadrant. Like the other guys said, you might need a new quadrant and a firewall adjuster.