New Exhaust set up, Videos included.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
When I first got the Cobra it had Roush 351W Headers, Custom O/R H pipe and Dynomax Mufflers. I later changed over to a Magnapack cat back system but w/ the O/R H it was extremely loud...I mean LOUD!!. I figured I needed to get a catted H/X pipe to quite it down plus it would make it more easy during inspection time. The current set up is the same headers a Bassani Catted X pipe and the Magnapack mufflers. When I had the X pipe put on this morn it was discovered that the H pipe to the headers was lose and I had a rattle in the back from where it was hitting the frame. Its all taken care of now and all buttoned up nice and tight. I must say it sounds 100X better then before its just so damn mean. Before it was just loud and IMO it sounded like crap but now its just has some serious attitude. The Bassani Catted X was the perfect solution to my previous problem. Enjoy the videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2gzdDJNQNHw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cBTIApMbhO0

• Sponsors (?)

Did you notice any loss of power from the cats? I've been trying to decide if I want to add cats or 2 more mufflers to quiet mine down.

I'll listen to it when I get home. Laptop speakers suck. ;)

no not really, actually I think its gained power but I think that was due to the header to H pipe connection being loose. The car sounds 100 X better so even if there was slight loss in power its nothing I can feel and even if there was the improved sound is worth it. I plan on putting it on the dyno soon perhaps next week just to get a baseline before all the new mods to on. The only change to the car from the dyno it had before I bought it will be the X pipe and the mufflers.

Thanks guys :nice: Yeah I was wondering if the tone of the car would change from the H to X pipe (first time Ive used and X pipe) and its anything but raspy, its still got that deep push rod growl to it. I think the X will work better with my up coming combo b/c I belive the flow better the H's in the higher RPM's if Im not mistaken.