New factory seats that fit 99-04

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
central CT
Wondering if anyone has found nicer seats from a newer vehicle that will fit in 99-04 mustangs. Seems like a newer pair of seats might be easier/cheaper than re-upholstering the old seats. Perhaps get some nicer heated and power seats. Just a thought I have every time I open the door and look at my old worn out/hardened factory "leather" that is probably just vinyl anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

I upgraded to corbeau fx1’s. I like the snug fit for turning left and right.

Don’t know if there are any readily interchangeable OEM options other than doing some sort of a custom rebuild of your current seats.

Sales going on right now. Could get aftermarket seats cheaper or convert your factory seats to cobra seats using a foam/skin kit.
Not really into these old seats. Even changed to cobra foam I don't see that much difference. Looking to change it to something more modern but really not a fan of aftermarkets. I have some seats I pulled from a 2016 charger that are heated/power so I'm going to see if I can perhaps create some adapters and wire them in. The dimensions are very near perfect.

The charger seats will require the power seat module and heated seat module to both be working and attached for the seat functions to work correctly. Those modules also require bus communications with the bcm or tipm to function. There might be a way to "hotwire" some of the seat functions such as motion but doing so with the heater function would be dangerous since there would be no way for the module to regulate temp using the temp sensor. You would risk a fire if you tried to run the heater grids just by jumping power to them. I worked at a FCA dealer for many years and those cars are computer nightmares.