New Forum Questions, Answers, Feedback, and things that make you go, "Hmmmmm"

I am new to StangNet and having trouble with navigating. I posted an add to sell my 2003 Mustang GT, and need t make some new changes to that add. How do I simply make those changes then re-post?

Thanks,
Jim

You do not have the ability to edit your own posts. That ability comes with an OFFICIAL MEMBER account. Those are earned through your interaction in the forum and require some time to attain. This is necessary to prevent our classifieds and forum from becoming a depository for SPAM.

If you need to add information to a classifieds ad, you just post that information in the same thread by creating an additional post.

If a classified ad that you made just flat-out disappears then it's likely because it was posted without all of the necessary information required by the forum. If you're not sure what those requirements are, then click on the link at the top of your page when you enter the classifieds forum. There's a link that takes you straight to the guidelines in the announcements at the top of your screen.

New feature subscribers ( if you are in fact who you say you are :O_o: ). Check this out:

upload_2015-2-12_21-44-1.png

If you want to quote only a portion of a previous post, you no longer have to copy the whole thing then erase what you don't want.

Just highlight the portion that you do want and you will see the little pop-up with the ( + Quote | Reply ) button. Nice time saver when when responding to specific portions. It inserts all of the necessary BB code for a normal quote.

I don't seem to have a quick navigation icon at the top or bottom. It's tricky to navigate.

Also, I'm looking for a General Mustang Forum and there doesn't seem to be one here. You can only talk about the specific generations. Is that right?

I don't seem to have a quick navigation icon at the top or bottom. It's tricky to navigate.

Also, I'm looking for a General Mustang Forum and there doesn't seem to be one here. You can only talk about the specific generations. Is that right?

There are lots of quick nav buttons:

upload_2015-2-17_11-16-55.png

There is the main navigation panel highlighted above in the large circle. To the right you will find a small icon that opens up a quick nav panel. You will also find one of these at the bottom.
As far as topics go, generally folks gravitate toward the generation of Mustang that they own. Some folks belong to several sections and own several generations of Mustang. Obviously if you have questions about a Fox Mustang, you'd start in that forum. If you're just shooting the breeze then try the off-topic forum.

That is because all of our templates now, are dynamic (auto-scalable) depending on the actual pixel size of your screen.

We may need to tweak it a bit so that the scalability is a bit more predictable but you'll have to be patient... My primary machine has bitten the dust so I'm going to be much less "in the guts" until I find a suitable replacement.

Add this to your list an remind me of it again in the near future.

Also: You can minimize those forums and sub-forums that you don't want to see on that screen.

I spend the majority of my time on the New Post screen. It gives me a snapshot of activity across the forum.

I'm a bit of an old timer who just recently came back to SN. For some reason, my signature vanished, and now all I can throw back in there is text. I used to have a link to my car's pic, and a little bit of extra stuff as well. Am I somehow only allowed to use a text based signature now?

I'm a bit of an old timer who just recently came back to SN. For some reason, my signature vanished, and now all I can throw back in there is text. I used to have a link to my car's pic, and a little bit of extra stuff as well. Am I somehow only allowed to use a text based signature now?

Take another look and see if it's still the same way. It looks like you had lost some of your post count, probably do to the crash of The Squeaky Wheel.

Holler if it's still not acting right.

@MRaburn
After using the site too much today on an idevice, :nice:.
The font looks easier to read in portrait mode, the poster and their associated lines are easier to see, and things are easy to find after the menu has moved.

Thanks for leaving a light mode. The dark looks cool, but the light is easier for me to read.

Reactions: 1 user
There are about 5000 settings for this template so Im trying to get it all sorted out, its a click it and see what changed thing. The look won't change, but for example Im trying to get more Nav buttons at the bottom of the screen but cant find the switch! LOL

There are about 5000 settings for this template so Im trying to get it all sorted out, its a click it and see what changed thing. The look won't change, but for example Im trying to get more Nav buttons at the bottom of the screen but cant find the switch! LOL
There may not be one. There were some things that I added to [extra] in the template. One of those things was the extra nav buttons at the bottom of the page.

Here is an odd glitch that’s no big deal, but it fits the title. Sometimes when the page loads or refreshes, the header bar with the SN logo appears not at the top of the page. It was doing this before the lower tool bar changes and the larger SN logo. It will go back to the right place when something else is clicked on. Screenshot inserted. 244B9FD6-8F70-41AF-B492-F8C8FCE6F158.png

(And you found the right buttons for the last project. Congrats!)

Did the file limit for pics get lowered?

I find now when I take a pic of something, it’s too large, so I need to screenshot my pic, crop it and upload the screenshot of my original pic.