Progress Thread New Guy First Mustang

My old Garmin GPS had a pretty accurate speed read out. I used to use it in my convertible until I hot my speedometer sorted out.

I straightened my pinch welds with a block of wood, adjustable wrench ( doesn't leave marks like pliers ), and a regular hammer. Got them completely straight and hit the with primer and black paint afterwards. I'm sure fixing the dented frame rails would be a PITA. I've done lots of bodywork but not a pro by any means. Getting those things straight seems like a huge challenge. Maybe I'll just weld plates over mine. It'll make them stronger and cover the dents.

For 400 bucks I'd be smiling the whole time I worked on that car or drove it around.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My old Garmin GPS had a pretty accurate speed read out. I used to use it in my convertible until I hot my speedometer sorted out.

I straightened my pinch welds with a block of wood, adjustable wrench ( doesn't leave marks like pliers ), and a regular hammer. Got them completely straight and hit the with primer and black paint afterwards. I'm sure fixing the dented frame rails would be a PITA. I've done lots of bodywork but not a pro by any means. Getting those things straight seems like a huge challenge. Maybe I'll just weld plates over mine. It'll make them stronger and cover the dents.

For 400 bucks I'd be smiling the whole time I worked on that car or drove it around.
Indeed I do smile a lot while working/driving it lol

I’ve done body work for myself for a long time so I do t see this being much of a challenge, the limiting factors are time weather since I don’t have a garage of my own but spring will be here soon enough and I’ll get cracking on that stuff then. For now I’ll keep on with the cosmetics and mechanical that needs attention

+1 on the adjustable wrench. It’s a great tool for straightening out metal!

Reactions: 1 user
The dented framerails I would just get a set of full length subframe connectors and cover them up. Then you get the added benefit of the stiffness it provides.

So Been a little bit but i had time today to get some things done on the mustang ,

PO had Cut the springs so i got a set of 2" drop springs on today and i also had time to DeGetto the wheels Man im liking this car More And More
6D07A011-5EFC-42FF-880E-5D60103F51D4.jpeg
B94BF23D-A8CD-4A6E-A59D-6D977DFA57A4.jpeg
7845944C-421D-4D97-8826-D9BA8D6A6C81.jpeg
6C8C4AFC-5F5F-4A7E-BC29-DFF4A3DB703D.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Today’s Mustang Shenanigans , take a Base Stang with No options and fit it with a body and dash harness from one with power everything rear window defrost and cruise control

CF52858E-B9F7-48F7-9E4E-60563DFED1B7.jpeg
B4FAEB03-6A80-4B3F-A814-4AA986D8FF22.jpeg
94BD9AE8-FF26-412B-8221-3BB2144D0E58.jpeg