New headlight problem/question

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
New headlight wiggle/trans update.

I just installed the new headlights in my 91 notch from 50resto...(economy aftermarket kit 79.95) I used my original FORD backings because they are still in good shape and the adjusters still move freely. Now that they are in, they move a little bit. The clips that hold the adjusters in in the backing are not holding them in tight. Hack Job has this problem too actually. They don't make the light bounce around at night, but this is still bullchit. :mad:

Has anybody else had this problem????

• Sponsors (?)

yep. whenever I am done driving I have to push my driver side light back in as it likes to push out about 1/8th of an inch.

Exactly...they only pull in and out about 1/8 of an inch, but it's kind of annoying. Maybe I will pull them back out and bend those clips in a little so they hold tighter. I need to get the headlights adjusted anyways, they point at the ground. :(

Thanks for your reply!!

I just went home on lunch and grabbed the black notch. I got it at work now. I'm gonna pull the transmission out and fix the speedo gear on the output shaft tonight. I should have it back together on Saturday. I got a wedding Friday and a wedding Saturday. :cheers: Then I'm gonna install the new door weatherstrips I bought and detail the paint again (last time for that was when I painted it in 2006) and put on Auto Trader, SN, and maybe one local forum.

:(:(:(:(....But I have to.:(:(

I just checked my friends 90GT last night, his wiggle a little too.

ANYWAYS....I got the trans on the floor last night in 30 minutes. I can't believe how easy T5's are. I even had to lower the car back down, because I forgot to undo the shifter boot and knob....so call it 25 minutes....hehe. I just dropped it off at the trans shop to have the speedo gear on the output shaft replaced. They owe it to me, because they are the ones who rebuilt the trans. I think the clip popped off because the gear moved back on the shaft. He said maybe today, for sure tomorrow. I'm hoping for today because if I get it back Friday, I can't work on it til Saturday morning. I want it done tonight, so I can detail the paint, and install the weatherstrip.

And yes, I'm gonna try and sell my 91 black notchback. I have a sign and pics in my office, and once it's completely ready, I'm gonna try ebay, and a local forum.

Got the trans back today, and I installed everything. The only thing I have to do is put fluid in it. I was beat when I got done working, then I tackled that trans job, so once all the bolts were in....I cleaned up my mess and went home. Looks like I'm going in early tomorrow.