• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

New here, need some help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReverendMazda
  • Start date Start date Sep 23, 2004

ReverendMazda

New Member
Sep 22, 2004
1
0
0
Fort Worth, Texas
Sep 23, 2004
#1
  • Sep 23, 2004
  • #1
First off, I don't drive a mustang, nor do I drive something with a 5.0 in it, yet. I just got a 5.0 and transmission out of a 87 crown vic, and I'm going to put them in my Mazda. I know the how and way to do the swap itself, I just need some help on the motor and trans. I know this thing is gutless, I'm wanting to get it up to about 270 hp. How would I go about this? I've seen the cobra intakes on eBay, these make a difference?
I'm planning on, and hoping this will be enough, putting a bigger throttle body in, bigger injectors (how big?) and a high output fuel pump. What heads can I put on this to make a difference? Cam? What do I need to get to use a manual transmission, and where can I get one for a decent price? I know I'm asking alot of questions, but I could really use the help.
Thanks,
Kevin
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Drivetrain 6R80 to t56 swap
  • Holymoses
  • Apr 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
372
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
T
Need help with 302 swap
  • thxmxrgx
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
thxmxrgx
T
P
New here
  • PortCity
  • Jun 9, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
145
The Welcome Wagon Jun 9, 2026
AeroCoupe
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
461
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?