New intake baffle fabbed up for oil control!!! (pics inside)

I, like many, have been dealing with oil get sucked up through the pcv. i feel a majority of the problem lies in the *****ty baffles supplied with most aftermarket intakes. so, i took it upon myself to make up a few baffles to shield the lower portion of the intake, and possibly cool the intake as well. comments, suggestions, lets hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres the baffle for the lower intake, which is an edelbrock rpm II, the heads are victor jrs.

View attachment 386473

heres one for the lifter valley, no contact with the pushrods at all

View attachment 386474

View attachment 386475

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you use loctite and lock washers. There is alot of vibration that could rattle that loose.

If it comes loose, there will be a HUGE mess. I'm not even sure it is worth the risk.

I'd buy one of those filters for the PCV rather than that.

I like the way you did the baffle on the lower intake.
I would add in more adhesive though, as if the baffle is free to vibrate you may end up hearing it more than you would like.

A set of lock washers are all that would be required for the valley baffle you have. That is all the stock spider uses...

Well done, let us know how it works...
jason

I like the way you did the baffle on the lower intake.
I would add in more adhesive though, as if the baffle is free to vibrate you may end up hearing it more than you would like.

A set of lock washers are all that would be required for the valley baffle you have. That is all the stock spider uses...

Well done, let us know how it works...
jason

i used a set of lock washers and tightened 'em real good, they should stay tight. as far as the intake baffle, its on there pretty good. theres 2 rivets in the back holding it on and the jb weld in the front. the weld has been on there for over 24 hours now so it should be real hard. i grabbed the baffle and gave it a good tug and it didn't budge at all.

lol
I have JBWeld (no fasteners) holding in the baffle on my valve cover.
That stuff is pretty decent, if you prep the surfaces well...

My recommendation for more adhesive was not to prevent the baffle from falling off, but just to minimize any vibration that could work through it...

good luck,
jason