New intake baffle fabbed up for oil control!!! (pics inside)

I, like many, have been dealing with oil get sucked up through the pcv. i feel a majority of the problem lies in the *****ty baffles supplied with most aftermarket intakes. so, i took it upon myself to make up a few baffles to shield the lower portion of the intake, and possibly cool the intake as well. comments, suggestions, lets hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres the baffle for the lower intake, which is an edelbrock rpm II, the heads are victor jrs.

View attachment 386441

heres one for the lifter valley, no contact with the pushrods at all

View attachment 386442

View attachment 386443

• Sponsors (?)

I like the one that bolts to the spider hold downs.

Did you use a spacer to keep it a higher point? If so what? some pipe or something?

If I have to pull my lower ever again I think I will do this one...maybe put a crease in the middle with 2 holes were the drain back holes are in the valley just to make sure there is no oil getting cought on the thing.

Make sure you remove the sticker from the block baffle. Is that epoxy I see on the intake baffle? Most epoxy will degrade from high engine oil temps. I really don't see the need for both baffles anyway. I'd ditch the one on the intake.

its actually jb weld holding the baffle in place. is jb weld degradeable as well? i dont know, i never really used the stuff.

I like the one that bolts to the spider hold downs.

Did you use a spacer to keep it a higher point? If so what? some pipe or something?

If I have to pull my lower ever again I think I will do this one...maybe put a crease in the middle with 2 holes were the drain back holes are in the valley just to make sure there is no oil getting cought on the thing.

what i did was i bought a foot long piece of 1/4 threaded rod and cut 2 3" sections. i threaded each section into the block then used a nut to tighten down the spider hold downs. i then used a spacer about an inch long to keep the baffle at the height it is now.