New law in Georgia

blasterx

May 19, 2003
GA, USA
I thought i would make a post here for people to read and save themselfs some time and money.
I just did up my car the other night http://www.blasterx.org/blasterx/mustang.htm

And put on some blue varad undercar LEDs.
Well, yesterday a cop buddy of mine informs me that as of July 1st those babys will be illigal!
Hes not sure if its only going to be bule, red, and amber lights or if all colors will be ban. You wont even be allowed to use them internally, hell he told me that even using a blue colored flash light in the car would get me a ticket...
sucks

• Sponsors (?)

isnt that just for when you are not in park. I know in most states its illegal to have them on while moving, but when parked or when engine is off its ok to have them on. If Georgia is just straight banning them all together, well ****, move.

cruisinV6 said:
isnt that just for when you are not in park. I know in most states its illegal to have them on while moving, but when parked or when engine is off its ok to have them on. If Georgia is just straight banning them all together, well ****, move.
Or just suck it up and get rid of your sooper kool underbody lightz.

Well, blue, red and amber are for public saftey and that is why i believe that they are banning those colors!

It is like Nitrous, it is legal to have in the car, as long as it is not hooked up! Meaning the bottle cannot be hooked up to the line going to the air box!

Again, its on the car because I like it that way. You prefer yours stock, that does not offend me. I didn't place this thread to ask options about my personal style, but as a warning to others who might be thinking about doing the same thing in this state.
However I dint mind your criticism, but I'll keep doing things the way I like them done :)

nomuffler said:
I like the lights they distract from the crazy thing your hauling around on the trunk lid. Sorry I tried to resist.

Im not a fan of Under glow lights but whats wrong w/ the wing? Its a Saleen 351 wing that came on the 95 Saleen 351 Mustang.

FYI, cops have been pulling over for that long before this thread. Cop told me no red, blue or amber lights.

Also, you're worried about neons when you have a radar-laser jammer? Those have been illegal since they came out just about.

Striped5.0 said:
Im not a fan of Under glow lights but whats wrong w/ the wing? Its a Saleen 351 wing that came on the 95 Saleen 351 Mustang.
So what? I don't care if it came on a saleen or if it came on a ferrari, it looks just like it does. There is nothing wrong with it, he obviously is satisfied. i just think it's silly. What I said was a joke, I don't think the guy is an "idiot" either. He's just not a dickhead and doesn't expect other people to be dickheads to him.