New look! To an old fox

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Well the cleaning started today at about 3 P.M and it is now 10 P.M minus about 1 1/2 hours to work on my old one and about the same to eat. So all i have left to do is pull 2 tranny bolts motor mount 's and fuel lines from the rails. I got most of the wires hidden on the passenger side engine compartment and half of them on the driver side. So after the engine comes out for paint and the new balancer and oil pan gasket it will be time to pull the tranny and clean it. Doing some nice valve covers painting the intake installing the NOS and welding up all the holes under the hood as well as painting the engine compartment, and i'll be repainting the k memeber and arms and possibly replacing the old braided lines with fresh new ones from work, then also i will be taking the L/T's to work and paint them with some super high temp white or silver paint, as well as a new :D hood possible? This paint i'm using is industrial grade and is suppose to be good up to 2500 deg. I have pics to post of some progress and as i make progress as soon as MONGOOSE mails them to me but i need to know how to post them here like a link from that photobucket place or something else? I had comcast and use to do it like that but now we went to DSL from qwest. peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

Howd you know i was old????? Is 33 (this friday) old? Anyways i got all the driver and passenger side wires gone except for the starter sylnoid i'm leaving it exposed so if i ever have to change it, the battery cables are rerouted and i might possibly relocate it to the trunk again? The only thing i dont like on the hole deal is the harness on the firewall and the vac T that is there as well! Where or what did any of you do with this stuff if you've done this? I've been thinking of making a piece of polished stainless to cover all this up with? I'm working on the engine bay first then on the engine, i will be starting to weld in all the holes in the bay and preping for the paint this weekend .The engine is on the stand awaiting the balancer and the oil pan and paint (black) i will be removing the tranny as well but just to clean it. The headers are going first thing next week to work with me for paint. Pics soon! Comming along so far so good! Oh yeah i will be polishing the skinnies and the slick wheels to. My goal is to get a nice clean apperance out of the hole thing but no show stopper and i'm gonna try to get it done by may? peace

SMOKEDYA said:
Howd you know i was old????? Is 33 (this friday) old? Anyways i got all the driver and passenger side wires gone except for the starter sylnoid i'm leaving it exposed so if i ever have to change it, the battery cables are rerouted and i might possibly relocate it to the trunk again? The only thing i dont like on the hole deal is the harness on the firewall and the vac T that is there as well! Where or what did any of you do with this stuff if you've done this? I've been thinking of making a piece of polished stainless to cover all this up with? I'm working on the engine bay first then on the engine, i will be starting to weld in all the holes in the bay and preping for the paint this weekend .The engine is on the stand awaiting the balancer and the oil pan and paint (black) i will be removing the tranny as well but just to clean it. The headers are going first thing next week to work with me for paint. Pics soon! Comming along so far so good! Oh yeah i will be polishing the skinnies and the slick wheels to. My goal is to get a nice clean apperance out of the hole thing but no show stopper and i'm gonna try to get it done by may? peace

so I hear that you now live closer to me ?

SMOKEDYA said:

Here is what i did with all my wires. Tucked the main harness under the firewall lip and relocated the vac manifold in the drivers fender. All I need is to weld up the holes and paint it.

View attachment 483739

charged9250 said:
Here is what i did with all my wires. Tucked the main harness under the firewall lip and relocated the vac manifold in the drivers fender. All I need is to weld up the holes and paint it.

View attachment 483679
Looks good man! where did you get the stainless for the firewall at? So can i email you my pics and you post them on here for me? Misha thats right! peace

SMOKEDYA said:
Looks good man! where did you get the stainless for the firewall at? So can i email you my pics and you post them on here for me? Misha thats right! peace

I made the stainless piece for the firewall. As for posting pic's go to www.photobucket.com and make an account it’s easy and free. Upload your pics there and just cut and paste the image URL. If not then you can e-mail them to me and i'll post them.

Well here's a shot at what i got so far, but since some of these were taken i redid a afew things so i'll update them this weekend:

View attachment 483463

View attachment 483465

View attachment 483467

View attachment 483469

View attachment 483471

View attachment 483473

View attachment 483475

View attachment 483477

engine3.jpg

engine1.jpg

View attachment 483483

peace

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 98
  • engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 102
Well didnt do much lastnight on it, i sanded all the areas to be welded and primed the upper intake and getting it ready for paint, was gonna polish it but desided not to. So today roger will be comming over with the welder and i'll be filling the holes , sanding them and hopefully prime the bay. Thats my plans for today. peace

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 71
  • engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 89
Heres some more pics from tonight, BTW what happened to my other pics i had posted on here? Is it because i erased them from photobucket? I hope these new one's turn out?

Here's a shot of me yes me doing my own work, i'm cleaning off the block getting ready to install the oil pan gasket;
sabatoge.jpg

Heres a couple of pics of the cylinders we dont think this is a stock 130xx mile block because the pistons are stamped by number and there is good hown marks in the cylinders?
View attachment 483321

View attachment 483323

View attachment 483325

View attachment 483326

Here is a couple of pics of the swiss cheese and what all will be filled up:
swisscheese3.jpg

swisscheese2.jpg

swisscheese1.jpg

And here is a couple of pics of my wounderfull garage!

theshop1.jpg

theshop3.jpg

peace

Attachments

• sabatoge.jpg
    sabatoge.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 91
  • swisscheese3.jpg
    swisscheese3.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 130
  • swisscheese1.jpg
    swisscheese1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 99
  • swisscheese2.jpg
    swisscheese2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 87
  • theshop3.jpg
    theshop3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 87
  • theshop1.jpg
    theshop1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 92
Cool pics. Looks like things are turning out nice. Im not looking forward to welding up all my holes either. As for the other pics if you delete them off photobucket then they will not show up where ever you posted them.

John, are you still looking for a hood? I can make you a sweet deal on the Boss Cyber Stallion hood I bought for my car and never used. It is un-painted and has the metal reinforcments from the factory for using hood lifters ($75 upgrade). All I did was put the two holes in it for the hood pins I was using. That thing cost me about $700 by the time it was shipped to me. $350 and it's yours!!!!!

Brandon