New Member and New Car

slonlow2000

Jul 21, 2009
Hey guys, I didnt see a new members area in the main forum, so since I picked up an 01 I figured I would jusdt post it up in here. Its an 01 GT coupe, auto, with 65xxx miles. Dark blue, not sure what Ford calls it. It has what looked like Bullitt wheels, but they have Cobra center caps? The spolier has been deleted, but a very poor job was done shaving the holes, all the sanding marks can still be seen. If anything else not stock catches your eyes let me know. The interior is the grey leather, all power. Let me know what you guy think, and is there any mojor problems I should watch out with these cars?

EDIT: Also forgot to add, looks like the headlights or aftermarket, or they have been cleared, not sure if you can remove the amber lense in these or not.

100_1327.jpg

100_1328.jpg

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

100_1331.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

welcome and congrats!

The front spoiler is not stock, the suspension is not stock. Do you have any pics under the hood

Yeah I forgot about the spolier, its a Mach 1 chin spolier right? I was thinkin the suspension was, how much of a drop you thinks on it? Right now I dont have any of the engine. All i noticed uncer the hood was a CAI, leading over to the pass side fender.

You'll have to bear with me, I've had lowered trucks of some sort or another for the past few years, I know alot more about them at the moment.

no problem! Your car looks great, and the non rear spoiler look is much cleaner on the new edge(99-04) cars anyways. The car is dropped, looks about and inch, but hard to tell by the pics. I would imagine that if the car rides decent, they have upgraded the shocks and struts as well, as the stock ones get worn quickly after the car is lowered.

The cold air kit is going to be a cosmetic mod for the engine, there is no real power gain, but it looks nice. You might have a set of pulleys on as well. How does the car sound? Can you tell if it is stock exhaust?

Pretty sure it has a stock exhaust, I mean it sounds better than any truck I've had :rlaugh: but I was lookin underneth it at the lot, and they look like stock mufflers. The trunk is also be covered in fat mat, and some other sound deadner so that might be killin the sound a little too. I'm not sure if its on the floor pan under the seats or not. I'm picking it up tomorrow, today was just all the poaperwork bs, so tomorrow i'll have some more pics of everything like the engine and stuff.

Anybody know if I was right on the wheels, i'm pretty sure their bullitts, but the center caps threw me? Their 18's all around, but a much bigger lip on the rear wheels.

The color is called True Blue. The wheels are not stock (hence the deep dish, center caps, and size). They're aftermarket/wider Bullitt rims. Your headlights are also after market (clear corner lenses). I think the clear corners look SHARP on true blue cars!

The color is called True Blue. The wheels are not stock (hence the deep dish, center caps, and size). They're aftermarket/wider Bullitt rims. Your headlights are also after market (clear corner lenses). I think the clear corners look SHARP on true blue cars!

Thanks man. So their not from a stock Bullitt? I caught the headlights, on all my truck in the apst I've had clear corners, just love the way they look.

Do they make clear or tinted lense replacements for the red lenses in the rear bumper, the one under the gas door?

Thanks man. So their not from a stock Bullitt? I caught the headlights, on all my truck in the apst I've had clear corners, just love the way they look.

Do they make clear or tinted lense replacements for the red lenses in the rear bumper, the one under the gas door?

No they are not from a stock bullitt. Stock bullitt/GT rims are 17x8", yours are 18x10.5 in the rear and most likely 18x9" up front.

Heres a good place that sells the tinted rear lights:

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Tail Lights at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Welcome to the site, looks like you got a car that was at least tastefully modded, other than maybe the wingless work, if it is as bad as you say it is.

Throw up some engine and suspension pictures and we can help identify if you have anything else in the car! I like the look of the 18in Bullitts on your car though man!

looks good

i'll pretend not to notice the dealer plate that says CHEVROLET on it :D get rid of that JUNK and you'll up the resale value by 3-5k lol

welcome to stangnet where you can find useful info and in most cases be entertained at the same time :rlaugh: