New member and soon to be 5.0 Owner!

sgirgiss1214

Aug 24, 2011
Hello guys, I just test drove a 2012 5.0 today, and after driving it and listening to that 5 liter demon under the hood, Im 1000000% sold on buying one, Im going to wait until spring 2012 so I can save up some more cash for the financing and of course mods, I have some plans for it! Im currently in a 2010 Maxima, nice car pretty powerful but the 5.0 is on a whole nother level!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to gain some knowledge on the 5.0 motor, drivetrain and what kind of mods add the most power with these cars. Test drove an auto, but will most likely get the 6MT.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Good choice, and could be a smart decision....Myself I would hold out til may-june and buy the 5.0 as soon as the 2013s hit the lot, that way you have a harder decision buy the 2013 or get a better deal on a 2012....

I already got the prices from a few dealers around me, Im getting a 5.0 Premium, with rearview camera, secruity package, interior stripes, for about 31.5k. Just need to save up money for the financing and of course mods!!

I really want the brembos too!! The one thing Im worried about is that until I decide to get a supercharger, this car will be my daily so I dont know how comfy these cars are when it comes to daily driving with the manual tranny.

I already got the prices from a few dealers around me, Im getting a 5.0 Premium, with rearview camera, secruity package, interior stripes, for about 31.5k. Just need to save up money for the financing and of course mods!!

Hey hey!

I posted to your other response, but wanted to make sure you saw it. Your Mustang is going to be seriously impressive! Make sure you contact the Marketing Program Headquarters at 800.334.4375 for available incentive information! Hope you get your 5.0 soon! :)

~Natasha

Good choice, and could be a smart decision....Myself I would hold out til may-june and buy the 5.0 as soon as the 2013s hit the lot, that way you have a harder decision buy the 2013 or get a better deal on a 2012....

This is sort of what i did for my 2011.12's were already on lots.Only problem with this is that the production of the 11 model had already ended and what was out there is what was out there.So it made it very difficult to find a color and options that i really wanted.No real selection.
I ended up with black,kona was my first choice.I'm sure i could of kept on looking for another month or 2 and maybe found something else but black was sure pretty and it had all the options i wanted plus i got a great deal from the dealer in Chicago.
I live in a pretty central area and i tell you,i spent over a month on the net looking and visiting a few dealerships.I check most all of Chicago and suburbs,Indianapolis,Davenport,South Bend,Ft Wayne,Grand Rapids and all of the local guys.
There was however a fairly decent selection of v-6's but i wanted a 5.0

Thanks for all the help guys!!!! Im goin in next week hopefully to look at some numbers on a 2012 GT premium w/ comfort,brembos,3.73 rear axle and rearview camera. If its too much, Im just gonna go with the Base 5.0 w brembos and 3.73 rear axle. Dont need so many luxury features. I have a fully loaded 2010 Maxima for luxury, 5.0 is purely for fun!:D

awww, just trade the maxima in and get performance and luxury :D, you can't drive both anyways unless you have a special reason for two, i think i know which keys I would rather leave the house with....Hell i bought the new 5.0 about 2 months ago, and thats about the last time the 04 stang was drove (has been so rough weather though, so need for a conv)

Haha, the only reason Im keeping it is because my sister is getting rid of her 05 Accord, and shes absolutley in love with my Maxima. So shes taking over the lease, and Im getting the 5.0! I would of course trade it in if I had no one to take it off my hands, lol. Im also really glad to hear that your that comfortable with the 6MT in this car that you can drive it everyday! That really solidifed my decision, lol, and I know once I get those roush axle backs installed upon delivery Im never gonna put the keys down :D

Haha, the only reason Im keeping it is because my sister is getting rid of her 05 Accord, and shes absolutley in love with my Maxima. So shes taking over the lease, and Im getting the 5.0! I would of course trade it in if I had no one to take it off my hands, lol. Im also really glad to hear that your that comfortable with the 6MT in this car that you can drive it everyday! That really solidifed my decision, lol, and I know once I get those roush axle backs installed upon delivery Im never gonna put the keys down :D

I haven't done my exhaust yet because i got this bad feeling I want to get a side exhaust get just not sure yet. If not I will be settling for some magnaflow catback muffler deletes. I here alot of ppl are happy with get the roush ones