New Member--hello Stangnet

NOS1543

Nov 11, 2014
Saying hi...been following some of the threads in the fox forum for awhile now and couldn't resist joining anymore.

I have a 90 GT that I've owned for about 13 years now...truly my pride and joy...but always a work in progress.

Looking forward to learning from you all and contributing to this great hobby (obsession) we all share.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome! My posting here isn't what it used to be, but yes, this site is an excellent wealth of knowledge..

..and trolls. Post some car pics!

Subject to endless douchery by pimply faced children who come back later to start threads asking elementary questions... but I digress.

Reactions: 1 user
EleanorPainted---11.jpg
IMG_0193.JPG
Welcome! My posting here isn't what it used to be, but yes, this site is an excellent wealth of knowledge..

..and trolls. Post some car pics!

90 GT (about 160k on the body), rebuilt stock motor (about 100k), T-5 (about 60k, car was converted from auto), headers/exhaust, 3.55 gears.

I'm probably in the minority here but I focused on the suspension and handling first rather than the horsepower, so I went and did the MM torque arm, panhard bar, bracing, springs, struts/shocks, 03 Cobra steering, etc.

I'm also a believer that it's hard to beat the look of a factory appearing car, so I've tried to keep it just clean and stock looking as I've gone through and refreshed it over the past few years. I went through the interior and redid the seats, carpet, door panels, switches, ert a couple years ago. I need to attack the rattling dashboard in the near future and then I'm probably done in there for good.

Also painted the car about seven years back but the paint didn't hold up too nicely, so that's likely my next big splurge. The clearcoat on the hood and roof began to fail in the past year and is starting to look pretty bad. I went budget (about 4g's on the paint) and regret it. Now I'll likely end up shelling out alot more than that, but hopefully the fact that all the bodywork was done very well will cut down the labor on the prep. We'll see.

I attached a couple pictures. Neither are too recent but this is pretty much what it looks like now.

I've been through the war with this thing, and I know I can get a low miler with good paint for alot less than what I'll put into this, but does sound logic like that ever work with guys like us?

Reactions: 2 users
EleanorPainted---11.jpg
IMG_0193.JPG

90 GT (about 160k on the body), rebuilt stock motor (about 100k), T-5 (about 60k, car was converted from auto), headers/exhaust, 3.55 gears.

I'm probably in the minority here but I focused on the suspension and handling first rather than the horsepower, so I went and did the MM torque arm, panhard bar, bracing, springs, struts/shocks, 03 Cobra steering, etc.

I'm also a believer that it's hard to beat the look of a factory appearing car, so I've tried to keep it just clean and stock looking as I've gone through and refreshed it over the past few years. I went through the interior and redid the seats, carpet, door panels, switches, ert a couple years ago. I need to attack the rattling dashboard in the near future and then I'm probably done in there for good.

Also painted the car about seven years back but the paint didn't hold up too nicely, so that's likely my next big splurge. The clearcoat on the hood and roof began to fail in the past year and is starting to look pretty bad. I went budget (about 4g's on the paint) and regret it. Now I'll likely end up shelling out alot more than that, but hopefully the fact that all the bodywork was done very well will cut down the labor on the prep. We'll see.

I attached a couple pictures. Neither are too recent but this is pretty much what it looks like now.

I've been through the war with this thing, and I know I can get a low miler with good paint for alot less than what I'll put into this, but does sound logic like that ever work with guys like us?

Awesome car man! Again, welcome. I too appreciate the stock look with improved underpinnings. Bravo on keeping the car up for so long.

Reactions: 1 user
EleanorPainted---11.jpg
IMG_0193.JPG

Dang man, that is one sharp car.

Last edited:

You're not such the minority as you think you are. Fox 5.0's just look near perfect as they came off the show roof floor. Just add HP & improve stance/suspension and leave the rest alone. You have a very nice GT, it's nice to see you've kept it so long.