• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New Member Veteran Mustang Owner

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ceazer
  • Start date Start date Aug 6, 2017

Ceazer

Member
Aug 4, 2017
4
1
13
Aug 6, 2017
#1
  • Aug 6, 2017
  • #1
Hi I am new to stangnet but I have owned my 67 Mustang for about 20 years now. In fact it was my first car. I am slowly rebuilding it and am looking for some help from time to time on this trip. I am going for a custom look but not trying to over do it. Since I work for line-x I have sprayed many parts with it and just repainted the whole car. I am keeping the original 289 and C4 but am upgrading the brakes, charging system , struts and making a few custom things like a center console. I hope this is the right place. Thank you in advance for your time and help and if I can give any input I will. Once again thank you
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,633
203
Discordia
Aug 6, 2017
#2
  • Aug 6, 2017
  • #2
Welcome to Stangnet.

Sounds like a good plan for your mustang, Any of the older models can really benefit from a more modern brake system. Any thoughts on the type of system you'll put in yet?

Look around our Classic subforums. You'll get any help you need there from those guys.

Post a picture or two for us to see of your car.

It's good to have you with us.
 

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 30, 2002
1,069
700
164
Cornwall, PA
Aug 6, 2017
#3
  • Aug 6, 2017
  • #3
Welcome!
 

Ceazer

Member
Aug 4, 2017
4
1
13
Aug 11, 2017
#4
  • Aug 11, 2017
  • #4
As money is always an issue I'm going with Oem getting a few pieces at a time. My aviator is what it looked like 20 years ago. this is it now. I have to buff it out still and I'll take some pics of the line-x. I have line-x'ed the whole floor pan rear inside panels metal part of the doors the engine compartment dash and wheel wells along with some other parts.
 

Attachments

  • 52324982730__14F8E14C-213B-4E58-84DD-563862353995.webp
    262.5 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Davedacarpainter
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
New mustang owner
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
173
The Welcome Wagon Apr 27, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
P
New Member 67 mustang
  • pboerschlein
  • Apr 7, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
7
Views
277
The Welcome Wagon Apr 15, 2025
Bronco2fan
B
T
Progress Thread 2002 Mustang 3.8L CV
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • May 26, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
126
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 1, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
456
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
E
New Member with 91 foxbody
  • EricMac13
  • Jul 22, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
9
Views
487
The Welcome Wagon Jul 23, 2025
EricMac13
E
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?