New member with 1970 Mach 1 project.

Hi people, I am a new member with a potentual longterm project car. I met some people at a swapmeet that were really into racecars. We statted talking and I found out he has this Mach 1 that he got in a trade. With any luck at all this car will soon be mine. The history of the car is it was backhalfed 20 years ago & live a life as a racecar, out in VA. With a SCJ 428 & C6, it ran constant 10.20's & served the owner well. This thing sits on 15x15 Lines with 15x3 up front for that old school look.

I am about 90% certain it is a real Mach 1, but need to go back & look at the fender tags to verify what they read. Either way I am very interested in the car, since it is a rust free body, although it has no motor/trans, glass, doors, interior, lol. The grill, bumpers, Mach 1 Hood w/o the shaker are all in great shape. My goal with this car would be to ultimately bring this back to its original condition with new framerails, floor pan, etc. Until then, I want to make it a Prostreet daily driver.

I am looking for input as to a drivetrain to use. I am wanting to make this a turnkey car with a mid 90's or newer donor car for motor/trans/electronics. Who here has done such a conversion or knows of such.
Any input would be appreciated, Guy.

• Sponsors (?)

You're looking to swap in a 90 era EFI engine and transmission. You might search for posts on EFI engine swap and AOD swap for more information.

I've got a roller 351w block out of a fprd truck in my old stang, but am using a carb on a wieand stealth intake. The engine is bolted up to a Tremec 3550 5 speed that I found on Ebay and later rebuilt myself. It was a challenge but it was good times.