New motor for the turbo fox!

Well, I hope I dont jinx myself, but I am going to pick up a new motor for my fox body monday.

It's a fully forged 336. Engine details are as followed;

Mexican block bored .040 over
Probe 4340 forged crank
Probe 4340 forged H beam rods
Probe forged dished pistons
Clevite bearings
FRPP E cam
Melling High volume oil pump
Edelbrock water pump
Billet double roller timing chain

This motor is brand new. It was put together, but never even turned over. I wont use the E cam for my turbo build, but I can sell it and get one!

I got this motor from the same guy I got the car from. I gave him a set of UPR single adjustable lower control arms, some rear coilovers, and $375. I think I got a pretty killer deal. I am going to get the motor tomorrow and will be back at my house with it next weekend. I will post up pictures and everything else asap.

Once I get this motor, I will be on the prowl for some Trickflow High ports, Edelbrock Victor Jr's, or AFR 210's. Once I get that done, it will be an intake and carburator away from starting. It will still lack a lot from being done (turbo system..lol), but I will still be able to fire it up. Once I get some more parts, I will start a progress thread.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't prowl too long for heads.
With a sale and discount code for summitracing, somebody on this board just got Twisted wedges for $900 new.
Considering you don't have a race block, and you are using a turbo setup, the race style heads really aren't needed to get big numbers.
Besides you could always have them cnc'ed later.

If the engine doesn't come with paper work it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out before you put it in the car. I've seen alot of cases of "got a great deal on an engine", only to see the car run for 2 minutes and self destruct.
Sounds like it's got pretty good parts already, so a few more bucks for peace of mind on the assembly wouldn't hurt.

I wouldn't prowl too long for heads.
With a sale and discount code for summitracing, somebody on this board just got Twisted wedges for $900 new.
Considering you don't have a race block, and you are using a turbo setup, the race style heads really aren't needed to get big numbers.
Besides you could always have them cnc'ed later.

If the engine doesn't come with paper work it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out before you put it in the car. I've seen alot of cases of "got a great deal on an engine", only to see the car run for 2 minutes and self destruct.
Sounds like it's got pretty good parts already, so a few more bucks for peace of mind on the assembly wouldn't hurt.

I'm going with the bigger heads because of future plans. I plan on building a boss block'd 331 in the future, and with the amount of power I am looking to make, bigger heads will be needed.

The motor has all paper work with it, but I still plan on tearing it down before it goes in the car and checking everything out.

I'm going with the bigger heads because of future plans. I plan on building a boss block'd 331 in the future, and with the amount of power I am looking to make, bigger heads will be needed.

The motor has all paper work with it, but I still plan on tearing it down before it goes in the car and checking everything out.

If you're going to use a boss block, why're you stopping at 331 ci? :shrug: