New on StangNet 1st Mustang

olcobra97

Feb 5, 2022
New York
Hi Everyone Just bought myself this 97 Cobra for 9k 76k miles based out of New York I've never owned a Mustang before, not mechanically inclined yet but hoping to use this car to learn. Right now it needs a couple things, the shocks, the tires are too big for my liking (running 275-18 front and 285-18 rear) and the tachometer takes a while to get moving but after about 5 minutes of driving it registers correctly. I'm coming from a history of 4 cyls so I am very pleased with the power even if it's not much. Glad to be here.

Attachments

• 97mustang.png
    97mustang.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. I have a lot to sort out between the suspension (original, needs replacing), some electrical gremlins, etc. I'm planning to use it as a weekend driver, there's still a ways to go before I have it sorted to the degree I want.

Eventually I'd like to take larger road trips in it despite the gas mileage - but who buys a Cobra for MPG? :rlaugh:

Hi Everyone Just bought myself this 97 Cobra for 9k 76k miles based out of New York I've never owned a Mustang before, not mechanically inclined yet but hoping to use this car to learn. Right now it needs a couple things, the shocks, the tires are too big for my liking (running 275-18 front and 285-18 rear) and the tachometer takes a while to get moving but after about 5 minutes of driving it registers correctly. I'm coming from a history of 4 cyls so I am very pleased with the power even if it's not much. Glad to be here.
Welcome In & Drive in Good Health. Happy Motoring.