New order need some help on hookup

mustang90

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2001
I just ordered autometer electrical cylinder temp gauge and oil pressure gauge. Where does the sender for the oil pressure hook into? And where does the sender for the cylinder head temp go?

• Sponsors (?)

Cyl Temp Possible Issue

I wanted to add to this. I thought about ordering one of the Cylinder Head Temp gauges that you mentioned. After doing some research, I found out that that gauge setup is intended for air cooled engines. I would be willing to bet that it would work with a Ford V8, but with tapered seat plugs...it might be tricky. I think that these are used in air cooled VW's and Jr. Dragsters and stuff.

If you do find a way to work it though, let me know...not that I need ONE more gauge though :)

I am glad that someone mentioned this and brought it out.

Thanks for the advise with the oil pressure. I got it in today. Im still pondering where to put the cylinder head temp? All I have too hook up is the sender wire to that gauge. Any ideas?

i found a location for the sensor for the head temp. take the alternator off and there is a pretaped hole. i got an adapter to adapt the thread size and im good to go! sits at 190 degrees.